• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree with you. One hates to be so harsh as to rejoice in the death of another human being, but that man is no loss to civilization whatsoever.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    These guys also celebrated someone being dead.

Gay Activists Visiting White House Take Photos of Themselves Flipping Off Reagan Portrait | TheBlaze.com

I may not like the way Obama runs the country, but that doesn't mean I'd be happy if he died tomorrow - the guy is still a husband and father, my disagreeing with him doesn't mean I wish him ill. It's no wonder that this country is in the state it's in when people can't even have the courtesy to show respect for the deceased.

Oh, who am I kidding, this is the internet, there's no room for civility here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    He might have been a flip flopper but he did help get gulf war syndrome looked at as a disease and helped get more funding for breast cancer and Alzheimer research. He had a good long life. may he RIP.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I remember him for taking "the citizen's side" in the Ruby Ridge debacle. He was tough and fair in his seeking the truth of what happened there.

He's a turncoat, because his political life became more important to him, than his principles.

But I wish he will R.I.P.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A turncoat? Ok, but consider this, if not for Arlen Specter there would be no Heller. There would be no McDonald.

Specter was an early vote against Bork.

Count your blessings, boys.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Having made a young man's mistake of once voting for Specter 30 years or so ago, I am glad that he is out of the Senate, not that he is dead. I learned my lesson and never voted for Lugar after arriving in Indiana, and am glad he too is gone from the Senate, but wish him no personal harm. Death is a shared, common human estate and we shouldn't wish it, or rejoice in it, lightly. As an aside, he wife, Joan, sold some very good cheesecakes.

John James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Please do not use such word games to insult Benedict Arnold.

Though he turned his coat, Arnold spent at least some time putting his neck on the line for liberty.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A turncoat? Ok, but consider this, if not for Arlen Specter there would be no Heller. There would be no McDonald.

Specter was an early vote against Bork.

Count your blessings, boys.

For us young lads who are unknoweledgable and ignorant how or what did Specter for for the Heller and McDonald cases? :dunno:

Thanks!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    For us young lads who are unknoweledgable and ignorant how or what did Specter for for the Heller and McDonald cases? :dunno:

Thanks!

Specter was instrumental in sinking the Bork nomination. Bork has since made some pretty anti-gun statements and would have likely not voted in favor of 2nd Amendment recognition if on the Supreme Court. Specter, by the way, had a higher ACU rating and better pro-gun record than our former Senator Lugar. Specter voted against the AW ban in '94.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I remember him for taking "the citizen's side" in the Ruby Ridge debacle. He was tough and fair in his seeking the truth of what happened there.

He's a turncoat, because his political life became more important to him, than his principles.

But I wish he will R.I.P.

I listened to a report on NPR this morning and it seemed more like his party turned on him. It sounded like his principles became more important than his political life. He felt that he needed to vote in favor of the stimulus packages because he lived through the Great Depression and believed it was the right thing to do. He said, "I support my party, but there comes a time when I must vote my conscience." After he was one of three Republicans to vote with Obama, his political career was over as a Republican.

He did some great work and I hope those actions are remembered.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For us young lads who are unknoweledgable and ignorant how or what did Specter for for the Heller and McDonald cases?

Like Carmel said, he helped torpedo Bork after Justice Powell stepped down in '87.

Specter was one of the six Republicans that voted against Bork. Kennedy was then nominated and confirmed as Bork's replacement.

With Bork Heller and McDonald would have been disasters.

Spectre may have been many things and not universally loved, by Right or Left, but given a wider view his actions will echo throughout time.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't mean to sound pleased, but this turncoat piece of sh** is finally dead. What great news for all 2nd Amendment supporters.

Longtime GOP Senate moderate Arlen Specter dies - Yahoo! News

Those that watched the Ruby Ridge and Waco hearings know that the man was (at one time) on the "right" (whatever that means) side of history.

Ironically he and Bernie Sanders were some of the harshest critics of how the events were handled.

Ofcourse Benedict Arnold was the hero of Saratoga before he turned traitor.

Top Bottom