• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Now I have to ask more about this. Can a Beretta 96D be transformed into a 92FS? Would the 92FS magazines fit and function in the 96D frame? How about going from double action only to traditional double action?

Yes any "D" variant (92 or 96) can be turned into an FS with the following, typically available, parts:
    -"FS" slide with the safety wings vs the smooth "D" slide
    -Non-bobbed "D" hammer
    -Part # 31 (Hammer Release Lever)
    -Part # 64 (Lever, Firing Pin Block)
    from this Schematic (Schematic for Beretta® 92/96 FS / D / M & 22 Practice Kit - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS)

Like I said before, 92 and 96 mags will go into the 92/96 frame (Because the frame is the same for both calibers). The only thing that isn't compatible is the ammo itself. I highly recommend buying 92 mags for 9mm and 96 mags for .40 cal, and not try to load 9mm into the 96 mag. People have done it successfully but don't cheap out on safety.

The "D" variant is double action only. The "FS" is the traditional DA/SA...so this question is redundant. Yes you can convert.

I highly recommend checking out Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin for more information

Also, I have done this conversion and it is easy! All you need is a punch and the parts. If you want to do it and need help, let me know!

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    For some reason the Beretta 96 (.40S&W) did not catch on with the general public.

The Beretta PX4 is also available in .40 and not a bad pistol if you like the .40.

The Cougar, as the 8040 is also a nice pistol.

Oh, and for those who like odd, I believe the 9000 also came in .40, but fairly rare.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

I own both an 8040 and a 40 cal 9000. They are both wonderful guns, and I would buy them both all over again.

* Reliable
    * Accurate
    * Chrome lined barrels
    * Excellent grip ergonomics (especially the 8040)
    * Svelte stylish design.

unionblue19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Where a good place to "rent" a gun around here that would have G-22 & Brt 96A1
    Another ponder is that Beretta have any special pricing points as Glock do for EMS,Fire,and LEO

Last edited:

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    beretta2.jpg

Plastic PX4 and all metal Stoeger Cougar cousin are both great pistols. The $365 price on the Cougar makes it a real bargain.

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I have a 96D that I love, great gun. I bit heavy to CCing for most. My wife has the PX4 compact, which shoots very nice for a compact, even in my larger hands.

Top Bottom