• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My experience with Classic is they send you scrap iron in spite of the narrative and video of superb guns. Crooks, never again.
    Pretty sweet, I just had a horrid experience with them on a 9mm Beretta. Had to send it back was like pulling teeth. Much misrepresented.
    I guess I've been lucky. I hear a lot of horror stories but I've been happy with everything I've gotten from them. (knock wood)

This is the Beretta model 81 (32 acp) that I got from them awhile back, and I didn't choose hand select.

1626433217632.png

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Yea and I heard there's a large LGS in Mishawaka that charges $75 to do a transfer on Classic Guns.
    Wait...just been told they charge that for all transfers, disregard.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    My own experience with classic (2 or 3 guns) was good but lots of griping in the facebook group with picture examples so I don't doubt how bad some are. The way they do it is rather lottery/crap-shoot ish. It could be done better than paying an average price and sometimes you get a much better gun, sometimes much worse. CMP sorts, grades, and appropriately prices M1s for example.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You know, I had been thinking about getting one of these and having the barrel threaded, but now that I know I can convert my 81, maybe I'll just buy some mags and a threaded barrel (well, maybe ones the ammo drought has expired, since I have a good supply of .32, but not much in the way of .380 and I don't have the dies or bullets to reload either caliber right now).

Here's a good break down I found of the parts interchangeability for these:

I did find this place for threaded barrels:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know, I had been thinking about getting one of these and having the barrel threaded, but now that I know I can convert my 81, maybe I'll just buy some mags and a threaded barrel (well, maybe ones the ammo drought has expired, since I have a good supply of .32, but not much in the way of .380 and I don't have the dies or bullets to reload either caliber right now).
    I've been seeing .380 show up pretty regularly online, but it still isn't cheap. Then again, it was only "cheap" for a very brief period. Never could figure out why it was always more expensive than 9mm (like nearly double if not more). Guessing it's a volume thing.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been seeing .380 show up pretty regularly online, but it still isn't cheap. Then again, it was only "cheap" for a very brief period. Never could figure out why it was always more expensive than 9mm (like nearly double if not more). Guessing it's a volume thing.
    I think you are right. By all rights, it should be the same or even less expensive than 9mm, but I guess it's more of a demand thing. I'm down to a single .380 at this point, my Glock 42, so I haven't bothered to keep a huge stockpile on hand, just a handful of boxes of target ammo and a few boxes of defensive ammo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think you are right. By all rights, it should be the same or even less expensive than 9mm, but I guess it's more of a demand thing. I'm down to a single .380 at this point, my Glock 42, so I haven't bothered to keep a huge stockpile on hand, just a handful of boxes of target ammo and a few boxes of defensive ammo.
    I've only got a few old pistols in .380, so I don't keep a lot on hand either. I've got a Husqvarna 1907, a Mauser HSc, Browning 10/71, and a CZ-24.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Just picked up another handgun that shipped in from Classic this week, guess I should go knock on wood and not tempt fate again (at least for awhile). In any event they met expectations on both occasions.

Top Bottom