• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Been looking for one of these for quite awhile, finally found one over the weekend and made a deal with the seller. Sent check and FFL today.

Bit unusual for me as I often buy from Gunbroker.com with good pictures and the assurance that that system has some built in protections against fraud. This deal is blind as they come...but I confirmed the seller is a police officer and an NRA instructor, so my comfort level went up with that info. (I had to call his precinct to reach him).

Anyhow, it's supposed to be LNIB, with two mags, factory box, all paperwork, spare sights and another mag still in blister packing. Beretta 89's are a high end .22 LR handgun, on par with an S&W model 41 according to reviews. It was replaced with an easier to mfg. version called the 87 target which is sold to this day. Despite this being 95% an act of faith that the gun will be all it's represented to be...I felt good about it after spending awhile on the phone with the guy.

I will update in 7-10 days and confirm if my hunch was right or I got taken...I'm sure hoping the former!

Roger

Top Bottom