• ...and so much more!
  • jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Hi Folks,
    So I went to the Scherrerville gun show today. Not many guns at all. Thats a real shame.
    I did however meet a bunch of nice people. Especially the fellow from Marshall County with the steel targets. I just wish I had acreage to set a few of those babes up! Great quality and reasonably priced. A lot more fun than paper all the time.
    Anyway, there was a Beretta 9000 S .40 at the show. It felt really good in my small hand. It is nice and light. Yes it it is a bit of bulky build, but looks like it is quality anyway, but it may be just the ticket for a beefier winter carry. I'm sure this one was new as it carried a hefty price tag.
    Ive read the threads here on the Forum, but anyone carry this handgun? Whats your opinion for a 5'8" guy? Are there plenty of holsters? Extra magazines? Anyone know of a used one? 40 seems like such a sweet round. I was lent a XD 40 at the range. It was a very nice shooter.
    So input?
    Thanks.

Anyone have acreage that they shoot at in NWI? What's your set up? What type of targets do you like?
    Thanks
    :cheers:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Depends on HOW you want to carry it...

I had a 9mm version for a little while. I hated carrying it IWB, and only attempted it 2-3 times before calling "No mas!"

BUT, that was in a holster better suited to a much lighter firearm and on a poor-quality belt.

Also, the double-action trigger is pretty stiff. And on the one I had, the safety / decocker lever was quite difficult to operate with any haste. (Hint, if you carry one, carry with the safety off and hammer down)

AND the little itty bitty slide serrations at the back made it more difficult to rack the slide.

In short: I think there are much better pistols out there: M&P, Glock, Ruger SR40, etc.

-J-

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    First off you should pay no more than $300 used. They aren't being sold new from Beretta anymore. DA/SA trigger gets better with use. Does have the above mentioned issues. Itty bitty slide serrations require cross barrel grip so as not to tear up your fingers.
    I don't carry mine but enjoy shooting it.
    Very reliable Beretta quality.

9000mag.jpg

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks all, especially growl18. Just thinking about it. I'll probably keep my eyes open for one and snag it when found. Especially if it is 3 bills or less. It is an unusual piece of engineering.
    Thanks to INGO!!!

Top Bottom