• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I ordered in a Beretta 92A1 as my host gun for a new 9mm can I have coming in just because I have always wanted a Beretta 92 and I liked the fact that it was one adopted as the M9A1 by the USMC.

I was floored about how stinking easy it is to take down and put back together for cleaning. I also really like the new buffer on the frame.

I just wish it was made in the USA!

Beretta_92A1_02.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The 92 series are amazing pistols. Not only are they easy to take down for cleaning, but they are very accurate and as reliable as the sun coming up!

Now that you have the 92A1 made in Italy, you will need the 92FS Type M9A1 made in the USA.

By the way, even though they are for all purposes identical, many people prefer the Italian one just because Beretta is an Italian family owned manufacturer.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Us dumb Marines need a gun that's easy to take down... Can you imagine a bunch of meatheads sitting around trying to take down something with more than 3 parts? Plus they never break. Never. That's a good thing when your pistol moonlights as a hammer!

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The 92 series are amazing pistols. Not only are they easy to take down for cleaning, but they are very accurate and as reliable as the sun coming up!

Now that you have the 92A1 made in Italy, you will need the 92FS Type M9A1 made in the USA.

I've got a couple of the 92s including the Marine Corps engraved model with the red grips and presentation case. I've always loved the 92. They remind me of a Mack truck. Solid, well built and will probably outlast anything else. I looked at the 96 in .40 S&W, but ended up getting the PX4 Sub Compact in .40 S&W.

Now, I keep waiting for Beretta to come out with the .45ACP version of the 92. I'd buy 2-3 as soon as I could get them. I doubt if it will happen, but I still keep hoping. :patriot:

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I finally shot a 92FS while on my honeymoon ('08), the wife shot it as well. It shot well and felt good.

I hope the 92A1 will be my next handgun purchase (with any luck it will be quite soon).

Next steps, turn it into the Auto 9. I figure the rail would help with this.

Top Bottom