• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    I ordered the new 92A1 last week and expect it in on Monday. I really wasn't crazy about the rail aesthetically, but it was about time Beretta dovetailed the front sight. I keep coming back to the old 92 - and just shoot it more accurately than anything else.

I'll be trying it out sometime next week. If it shoots anything like my 92FS, I will be very happy. Ironically, I bought a PX4 SC in April for CC. Even though it is smaller in height and length than the 92, it is chunky for lack of a better word and to me was only marginally more concealable tucked than the 92. I wish Beretta would re-introduce the 92FCM with the 8 round single stack.

Anyway - if anyone wants me to take pics of the 92A1 or share info when it comes in, just let me know.

Kevin

kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    Thanks. I find that the length of the 92 keeps it planted. Most of the time, I just tuck it strong side (back) holsterless with the manual safety engaged. Works for me. The PX4 SC was too top heavy (grip) and needed a holster to be secure in place.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I ordered the new 92A1 last week and expect it in on Monday. I really wasn't crazy about the rail aesthetically, but it was about time Beretta dovetailed the front sight. I keep coming back to the old 92 - and just shoot it more accurately than anything else.

I'll be trying it out sometime next week. If it shoots anything like my 92FS, I will be very happy. Ironically, I bought a PX4 SC in April for CC. Even though it is smaller in height and length than the 92, it is chunky for lack of a better word and to me was only marginally more concealable tucked than the 92. I wish Beretta would re-introduce the 92FCM with the 8 round single stack.

Anyway - if anyone wants me to take pics of the 92A1 or share info when it comes in, just let me know.

Kevin

Excellent first post! I'm sure you'll enjoy your 92A1; that particular model is extremely hard to get ahold of these days.

Oh, and welcome to :ingo:

You might consider making your next post here:
    Introductions and Greetings - INGunOwners

You too, Mike!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

Kevin

:welcome: Kevin, and yes I would like to see some pics, I have a 92G from

1991 and the trijicons are still glowing too. Im not familiar w/ 92A1 so some pics would be appreciated and a range report too !!!

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Congrat on the 92! Looking forward to the range report. Mine is an older 92G model, that I often carry it. Great pistols!

kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    pictures

The gun arrived today - here's a few pics. Enjoy

picture.php

92A1 on left - note larger flat portion of slide top compared to 92FS on right

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Very nice looking Beretta, but I myself personally still prefer the "old school" Beretta 92's that don't have any type of rails. :D

kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    Price paid was $625 + tax locally. I could have ordered online from KY for $611. But figuring shipping and transfer, I think it was a good deal.

I'm going to put a 92D spring in it and I may put Hogues on it. Interestingly, the Beretta website says their .22 conversion kit won't fit it, but my 92FS slide fits the A1 frame perfectly. I'm going to get the .22 kit and worst case I can only use on the FS, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit the A1.

Thanks

kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    I wasn't too keen on the looks of the rail either. I'd like to see Beretta come out with a 92 Centurion or Compact with no recurved trigger guard and dovetailed front sight.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    From one Beretta lover to a new Beretta lover, CONGRATS!

I like the heavier slide, and the addition of the dovetailed front sight. The round trigger guard brings back memories of the original Model 92, the 92S, and the 92SB. Adding the rail seems to be the latest fad, but many people like it.

You would be amazed at how many versions of the 92 that Beretta has made since introduction in 1975!

ENJOY!!!!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Price paid was $625 + tax locally. I could have ordered online from KY for $611. But figuring shipping and transfer, I think it was a good deal.

I'm going to put a 92D spring in it and I may put Hogues on it. Interestingly, the Beretta website says their .22 conversion kit won't fit it, but my 92FS slide fits the A1 frame perfectly. I'm going to get the .22 kit and worst case I can only use on the FS, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit the A1.

Thanks

I put a set of hogues on mine, for me it really made a difference with the grip.

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    I was hoping that it would be the same basic model as the M9a1, but they have very little in common aesthetically. It's still a nice looking handgun, but I'd much rather get my hands on an M9a1 :) Anyway, congrats on the new equipment, I can't wait to get another one :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would not mind picking up a 96 down the road. I do not carry my 92 it's a range gun, plus it's a limited edition. We carried them in the Coast Guard though so it's a familiar platform for me. I can attest to their accuracy, and dependability.

Top Bottom