• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    For some time now I have been cetain that I wanted a M&P as my full size 9mm option. I was at the LGS yesterday to look at a tan SW MP9 and kept being drawn to a Beretta 92fs sitting next to it. I liked the feel and the fact that it had a hammer(cannot seem to shake my revolver roots) and a decocker.

I got on Beretta's website, and found myself trying to decipher any real difference between the fs and the a1. I am terribly fond of stainless so I found the inox very attractive.

I am not concerned with concealing(I will be getting a Shield for that purpose as I like My Lady's Shield) and I am not concerned with weight(as stated, I have a thing for stainless so I am use to "heavy" guns).

Should I continue looking for a full sized 9mm or is this a serious contender?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I just happen to be a fan of the Beretta 92 series. Even more so their Inox (stainless) versions. Big, I don't care. Heavy, I don't care. For a big pistol they fit my small hands very nicely, are as reliable as the sun coming up, and I can actually hit a target at longer than pistol ranges with one.

The main, if not only difference between the 92FS and 92A1 is the lower rail and rounded trigger guard on the A1. Otherwise they are the same.

One nice thing about the 92 series is parts can be mixed and matched to your heart's content, which is why they only put the serial number on the frame.

Can you tell I like the 92???

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Thanks for the input. I read a review on Beretta's site that was less than glowing concerning the sights that cannot be changed. Said that the rear sights cannot be picked up(white 2 dot) in low light and the front site disappears in shadows or dark backgrounds?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The sites on the Inox model are three red dots instead of the normal white. Totally useless for normal use. When shooting the Inox I just line up the front sight as if it was a pin in the slot of the rear sight. The rear sights are adjustable for windage. The rear can be changed, and there are clip on front sights with Tritium inserts, but I believe you have to modify the normal front sight to use them.

The standard Bruniton models (black) have normal 3 white dots. I don't have problems with them.

Top Bottom