Beretta 92FS safety/decocker fit a 92S??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Hello all. I'm planning on picking a surplus Beretta 92S soon and I was trying to determine if there is a difference in the actual safety/decock lever between it and a 92FS. I've seen the decock only kits and wouldn't mind going that route but the websites all say it will only work with the FS models but looking at the pictures of safety levers for both models I cant seem to see much of a difference between the two. Does anyone here know for certain if the safety/decockers are actually different or if they are the same and it says they wont fit for liability reasons.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Yeah I've read that notice but I was wondering if there actually was a difference or if they just put that disclaimer on there as a cya because they didn't want it used in older guns. I was hoping someone who had both might have some insight.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I don't see what installing it in an older gun would matter, assuming it is compatible with that gun. As best as I can tell, my 92F was born on 1984...so it's not terribly new. But I will defer to others. Great thing about INGO.....somebody has probably been there before. And we tend to be a great group of friendly folks.

Top Bottom