• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruftags

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Bend,IN
    I am seriously considering buying a 92FS. I have loved this gun ever since I was a teenager watching Lethal Weapon for the first time. I was just wanting a little feedback on them if anyone has owned or still owns one. I looked at Mid-West gun exchange in Mishawaka for one. I immediately noticed how easy the slide glides. My Glock 23 is also smooth, but I am guessing the spring in it must be stiffer than the 92FS. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The 92 is a proven platform. You can't go wrong with it. If you like it, go slap the cash down tomorrow!
    Personally, I owned one for a few years a just couldn't make myself like the trigger but that's just me. I prefer single action/striker fired.

Let us know when you get it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    One of the, if not THE smoothest shooting semi-auto handgun out there. That slide smoothness and the additional mechanical components which allow for slide function make the recoil feel easy and more comfortable than most others. I don't think I've met one person that didn't like shooting it. It's my EDC and I have thousands upon thousands of rounds down them both as a civilian and military. Buy with as much confidence as you would a Glock.

I've had no real failures from them, at least none more noticeable than anything else including Glocks. Any issues I've had have been simply from normal wear of gun use and when that happens you can easily find, buy, and replace nearly every part on them for relatively cheap.

It's one of my top 3 favorite pistols for a number of reasons. While I take good care of my guns once home, I certainly don't baby them in training or practice. This is one gun that I will always have at least one of.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The 92fs is one of the easiest shooting centerfire pistols out there. The long slide stroke does not require a very stiff recoil spring (only 13lb spring) The size is pretty large for a 9mm but that size soaks up a lot of recoil. It is one of the most forgiving pistols if you limp wrist it. Since it is alloy, it is not that heavy for its size. The controls are large, well placed and easy to use. It is easy to field strip for cleaning, not requiring much finger strength or difficult movements. I often use it as a trainer for beginners right after they are comfortable with a .22. I also like the 96 (.40 S&W) model. Too bad it does not come in .45acp.

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    The Beretta may be heavy, but it feels good in your hand. I like the SA/DA better than the striker, gives you a nice smooth trigger pull, and has a decock safety. I was trying to buy a CZ 75B, but this is equally as nice. You can still find magazines for it too if you look hard enough. I told my son that he can have my Taurus 24/7 when he's old enough, but he'd have to wait until I'm dead to get my Beretta.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have the m9 version and love it! I also love my sig 226. Sig and Berretta both make great shooting guns. Both are about the same size and weight. The sig does not have a safety to mess with.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since everyone else stated how nice they are, I just will add that to make sure it functions as designed, stick with either Beretta factory marked mags (marked "PB" with the caliber and country of manufacture), MDS mags who make Beretta factory mags (and are marked exactly the same as the Beretta mags except they replace the "PB" with "MDS"), or Mec-gar mags who also make OEM mags for many manufacturers including Beretta. Stick with any of those three and you will have one great shooting pistol.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Great investment. Buy the Beretta, you won't be disappointed. I finally got a chance to get mine out to the range and loved it. In fact, as I was leaving another guy was coming up and complimented me on it because he too had the same 92 variation I had.

You really can't go wrong with one - it's a proven design, and in my opinion an aesthetically beautiful piece.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Agree it is one of the smoothest operating pistols available...extremely accurate and a joy to shoot. You will not be disappointed!

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Im probably gna get flamed for this..... but i dont own a beretta but i do have a taurus pt92, I know there not the same, but they are basically the same platform, my taurus is a very smooth shooting gun, and i like that a lot. I couldnt afford a beretta but want one in the futrue. So if beretta are that much better, and i am positive they are, dont hesitate and go get the beretta. Also much respect for the lethal weapon reference. I have always loved the beretta because of that movie, ever since i was a kid.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    They are great guns smooth and shoot good.
    Like others posted a little big and heavy for carry if you are trying to conceal. But if that is not a issue i think you would like them.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Picked up one on here and it is amazing. Supper accurate and it just feels like a quality firearm. It is one of, quite possibly, my favorite handgun to shoot.

dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    This look just like my post a few weeks ago! Lethal weapon fan and all. Buy it i did 2 weeks ago and love it. Most accurate gun i have ever shot. Plainfield shooting supplies had it for 589. Almost 100 bucks cheaper than anyone else. The also have it in SS and the Inox.

Top Bottom