• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    I picked up a Beretta 96D (DAO) police trade in awhile back and I've been weighing the options on whether to try and trade/sell it off or keep it around as a home defense gun. It's a solid piece, but i hardly ever get it to the range anymore and would rather have something that would be a little more fun to practice with. What do you guys do with those guns (not collector pieces) you don't shoot often? Trade/sell 'em off or keep 'em around?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I picked up a Beretta 96D (DAO) police trade in awhile back and I've been weighing the options on whether to try and trade/sell it off or keep it around as a home defense gun. It's a solid piece, but i hardly ever get it to the range anymore and would rather have something that would be a little more fun to practice with. What do you guys do with those guns (not collector pieces) you don't shoot often? Trade/sell 'em off or keep 'em around?

You have the same problem I have, I have alot of guns I don't shoot, but hate to sell my guns, so I end up trading:D

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Why not just use it for a range gun? The 92/96 are good for taking to the range and if it's a police gun you can put all the rounds through it you want and not worry about any round counts.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    Why not just use it for a range gun? The 92/96 are good for taking to the range and if it's a police gun you can put all the rounds through it you want and not worry about any round counts.

That's a great idea. I guess I always took my carry and comp guns to the range for practice and left behind the dust collectors/home defense ones. my 96 thanks you haha! :draw:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You can never have too many firearms! :D :D :D

Anyway, I personally like the 92/96 series. Have a couple of 92 versions myself and really like taking them to the ranges. Very accurate, and 100% reliable.

Mine are too big for me to carry on my person, but fit nicely in an in car holster for transport to and from the ranges for an afternoon of fun!

Top Bottom