• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Been on Beretta website looking at knives they have on sale.

Wondering....

who actually makes them?

what level of quality are they?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Don't know the quality but they use mostly Aus6 or Aus8 steel or CPMS30V that I can see. Same Company as the Gun maker as well.
    They have USA stores but not sure where they are actually made.
    Some of them are very pricey.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i know they are slimy thieves. designs they "reqested" got prototypes for and then outsourced to someone else. without paying the designer.

better knives, for less money, in other places! just MHO.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for taking a look! I know you are pretty well respected on these forums. Now I will go read up on blade materials so I know what AusXX means :)

Give me something to do during downtime at work today.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    As a rule of thumb, stay away from knives made under familiar firearm brands. Most are over priced for the quality of product you are receicing, and the company is counting on the consumer to purchase upon familiarity with a product name that has nothing to do with the knives actual manufacturer.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    As a rule of thumb, stay away from knives made under familiar firearm brands. Most are over priced for the quality of product you are receicing, and the company is counting on the consumer to purchase upon familiarity with a product name that has nothing to do with the knives actual manufacturer.

yeeeeeeeeep.

"Smith and Wesson"
    "Colt"
    "Uzi"
    "Browning"

marketing ploys used to mislead or fool the consumer. as with everything, some have been good in the past, but most are not.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I would agree with most of what is being said about staying away from knives that have gun manufacturer's names....but there is always an exception to the rule. H&K knives are a very good knives and are made by Benchmade.:twocents:

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks all for the food for thought. I was walking in the woods through a bunch of cobwebs and cut a branch using a box cutter to wave in front of me to cut through the cobwebs. That was the genesis moment to wanting to purchase a knife. So now I have some food for thought.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Some one else bought my knife!

I posted some questions and then when I get home with a decision they are sold out of the one I decided to purchase!

:)

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I believe the 'Beretta' knives are made by Boker... but not at their Germany facility. I think they make them at a small factory located in Spain.

Some of the 'Hen & Rooster' line are made there, as well. Fairly well-made kinives, IMHO.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    WOW, an actual Boker from Salingen is a very nice find indeed! No matter what the name stamped upon it. I have a uhhm hmmm automatic from them and it is truly amazing quality and attention to detail. Everyone that has ever touched it smiles like a little kid;)

longhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a lightweight model of theirs, with the blade cut outs.Bought it almosr 7 years age.It has been a good knife,a little hard to sharpen.I don't think it would be my first choice for any kind of heavy work though.Ths tolerances are good and it is well put together, but I just don't think the blade/handle joint is the strngest. For an everyday pocket knife, it has worked out fine.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Some one else bought my knife!

I posted some questions and then when I get home with a decision they are sold out of the one I decided to purchase!

:)

Well maybe not, even though the website said it was sold out, it was still in my shopping cart in my webbrowser. So i decided to see what happens. Maybe their website is just like being in a store, because it shipped today.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well maybe not, even though the website said it was sold out, it was still in my shopping cart in my webbrowser. So i decided to see what happens. Maybe their website is just like being in a store, because it shipped today.

I think you'll likely find it's a knife well worth owning. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom