• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've been looking at the Beretta Px4 Storm for a while now.
    Looks like a pretty nice weapon. But, I dont know anyone who has had any experience with one or owned one.
    Does anyone have any info about one that may help me decide if I'm gonna buy one. Ive been thinking about a 9mm.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I picked one up at my local gun store. It felt clunky in my hands. Just not a good fit.

But your hands are different than mine. The 1500 is this weekend at the State Fair Grounds. Go there and get your hands on some and see how they feel.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I picked one up at my local gun store. It felt clunky in my hands. Just not a good fit.

But your hands are different than mine. The 1500 is this weekend at the State Fair Grounds. Go there and get your hands on some and see how they feel.

The PX4 ships with three different backstraps so that you should be able to find one that fits your hand.

That said, to give you an idea of how nice a shooter the PX4 is, I bought one when they first came out some years ago. Went to the range with my daughter to give it and some other toys a nice workout. I put two rounds in a mag to function check it, then hand it to my daughter for her to try. Made the mistake of not paying attention because a few minutes later she was complaining she was out of ammo!!! She ran through the remaining 198 rounds we brought. I got to fire 2 rounds!

I am very happy with mine, and it is with me almost all the time. I trust my life to mine.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    One of my favorite pistols!

Shoots nice and is accurate. Some dislike the ambi safety but I'm OK with it. I like that I can use the same mags in my CX4 carbine as well. It has a good feel in my hand and as was already stated, with 3 backstraps you should be able to get a good fit in your hand.

I really like the way it looks, too. Cool looking gun, I think.

Take the advice and see one at the 1500 but keep in mind that you have choices with the backstraps.

Mine is the "F" model, BTW.

:patriot:

Last edited:

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Ditto on the 1500, or go by your local gun store (first call to make sure they carry them as not everybody does) and hold one. They have a unique feel and styling that people either love or hate.

I'm in the first category. I bought the full size px4 in 9mm and have never looked back. Love how it shoots, 100% reliable with cheap fmj/jhp/+p, and personally I like the idea that when I'm at the range I'm just not another guy with a glock or xd.

Good luck with whatever you wind up with.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I have two PX4's, one is a sub compact and I love them. The best part about the gun is the way it shoots. Soft recoil on the full size PX4.

gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have two PX4's, one is a sub compact and I love them. The best part about the gun is the way it shoots. Soft recoil on the full size PX4.

I haven't decided which one best suits me, the compact or the full size. Both of them feel pretty good to my hand. I'm not sure about the sub compact, it doesn't feel as good and Im dont think I'll be trying to conceal it.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I almost regret not getting the smaller compact or subcompact rather than my full size. I'm not a huge guy and the smaller size would be nicer even to hold and definitely to conceal. The subcompact still has 13 rounds magazines and can use the 17 & 20 round mags. The big difference with the subcompact is that it uses a tilt barrel system where the full & compact use the rotating barrel that people claim greatly reduce recoil. If I had to do it again, I might think harder about the compact (mid size). Now, I'll probably eventually get the subcompact and keep my full size as well.

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    I looked at that gun for a while. After giving it some serious consideration I went with an M&P. I just found it more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have talked to a few people about them and am convinced. Now I just have to come up with the money......some day.... it will be a nice companion to my CX4 and 90-two......
    S5006885.jpg

311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    I like them also, never shot one but they feel real nice in my hands. I am eyeing the stoeger cougar which is basically the same gun but with an aluminum frame, it will be my next purchase.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I have The PX 4 Storm Sub Compact in .40 Cal. and Love It's Built like a Tank , and Shoots like a Dream !!! And has great safety features, and a Decocker.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    I have shot the Px4 9mm. I pulled the trigger nearly all the way back before it broke though it wasnt a "spongy" pull by any means. Just a clean effortless staging of the trigger all the way back then a clean crisp break. No failures of any sort. I think this is one of those guns in which reliability isn't of question. It's more about your preferences in trigger style, how your hand fits the gun, sight preference ect. Personally I had considered the gun a few months back because it was a good looking gun, but it just didnt fit me in any other way. I suggest you do what I did and shoot it first. Joshua

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I have talked to a few people about them and am convinced. Now I just have to come up with the money......some day.... it will be a nice companion to my CX4 and 90-two......
    S5006885.jpg

Every time I see a CX4 at the 1500 or a store, I pick it up and whisper to myself 'some day' haha. Part of the reason I got the PX4 full size in the first place was that I knew I could get the subcompact and even the CX4 carbine later and use the same magazines and caliber for all of them.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    A buddy of mine recently bought one. He is very impressed. He put the smallest backstrap on it and shoots it very well.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    S5006885.jpg

Yeah, the wife gave me the official "Okey-Dohkey" to purchase both of these when we have the $$$. Heck, both of us can't wait to shoot them. I love my wife!!! It keep telling her: "Chicks with guns is sexy." :rockwoot::thatshot:

Top Bottom