• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I own a 96 and px4 in 9mm. One thing you'll notice is that that 92/96's fit is better and everything about them is smooth. But when it comes down to it, you can't go wrong on either if all u are after is the bang and comfort.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own the PX4 and have owned the 92F. The 4 fits my hand the 92 does not; it's grip is too thick for me. Otherwise, both are nice pistols.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Not to threadjack, but, has anyone else noticed that throughout the great gun drought of 2013, most places, both online and actual shops, always seemed to have plenty of 92's and PX4's?

Anyway, I have fired both the 92f and pX4 in 9mm, and loved them both! I thought the 92 had way less recoil, duh, but really enjoyed the PX4, so much so, that the PX4 will be one of my next purchases. It fit my hand well, and seemed as though it would be much easier to carry.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I love the way my PX4 fits in my hand and how all the parts fit together. The way it fits in my hand though is what I like most about it, we'll that and the reliability of it, I truely feel as if its ever needed I can count on it no matter what.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I love the 92fs and PX4.They are both great pistols.If you are looking for magazines though you will find the 92 is much easier on the wallet.There are also tons of surplus parts out there for the 92FS(M9) vs the PX4.A few years ago at the 1500 there was a table that had full M9 uppers for $199 new...still kicking myself for not picking up a few.I mean complete uppers all you would have had to do is slide them on your 92 frame.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I, too, own a 92A1 and hope to one day add a PX4 to my collection. Personally, I picked the 92 because I liked the feel of the full frame in my hand, plus there was just something to be said about the classic open frame design. With that being said, I did have to think it through as the PX4 felt very good as well. My advice to you is to hit Gander Mountain and see if they have both in stock. Get a feel for both and see which one you like better. If you're torn like me choose the one you're more comfortable with and save your lunch money to buy the other one at a later time.

Oh, and I liked the fact that the 92 came with 3 17 round magazines standard.

tcbloodgood4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    First gun was a PX4 Storm in .45 absolutely love it! Just ordered a 92FS in .40 instead of a Glock 35 gen 4 because I really really like Coco Bolo grips that you can put on for $32. I also have a fantastic CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom in 9mm. Talk about accurate! WOW!

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I don't like plastic, so I'd say the 92FS - but the PX4 does get lots of good reviews and has a loyal following, so if you can tolerate plastic............

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I purchased the 92FS last fall used at the Greenfield Gun Show. The gun was a VERTEC model in Stainless Steel. The VERTEC was manufactured for about four or five years in the early 2000s. It is basically the 92FS with a shorter barrel and a modified alloy lower with a smaller grip than the standard 92FS. This allows us with smaller hands to better grip the weapon. The VERTEC takes the same magazines that fit into the full sized 92FS. The weapon has operated perfectly. Nominal recoil because of the weight and balance. Really like the 1911 like controls on the weapon. I see them occasionally on Gunbrokers for $400 to $500 in apparent good to very good condition. There is not necessarily anything wrong with buying used as there are a lot of low used guns around. Beretta has/had produced the 92FS in a "compact" size in both SS and blued which is another option you may want to consider.

Last edited:

larcklorn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I purchased the 92FS last fall used at the Greenfield Gun Show. The gun was a VERTEC model in Stainless Steel. The VERTEC was manufactured for about four or five years in the early 2000s. It is basically the 92FS with a shorter barrel and a modified alloy lower with a smaller grip than the standard 92FS. This allows us with smaller hands to better grip the weapon. The VERTEC takes the same magazines that fit into the full sized 92FS. The weapon has operated perfectly. Nominal recoil because of the weight and balance. Really like the 1911 like controls on the weapon. I see them occasionally on Gunbrokers for $400 to $500 in apparent good to very good condition. There is not necessarily anything wrong with buying used as there are a lot of low used guns around. Beretta has/had produced the 92FS in a "compact" size in both SS and blued which is another option you may want to consider.

Can I ask how much you paid for it?

Top Bottom