• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greeenglasshero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Gun & Knife show came to the FW Coliseum this weekend and I laid eyes (& hands) on this beautiful Beretta 9mm that I'm dying to buy. However since my last firearm purchase left me a little sour, I'm hoping to find someone who already owns the same gun so I might at least try shooting it. Anyone in NE Indiana know someone or can point me in the right direction.... eg shopaholics anon?

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    You could call your local ranges to see if anyone has one for rent. Usually always a winner, if you dont like it, eh, you spent 10 or 20 bucks to try it.
    Have fun. :ar15:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a PX4 in 9mm.

However I live in Indianapolis. I would be more than happy to let you burn some ammo with it if you ever make it down this way.

I have let others who have never held one shoot it and they all took out the bullseye.

The gun is very accurate. It also have very little recoil due to the barrel/recoil spring cam design.

*edit to say that:

I did have some funny issues with it while shooting steel. I think it was due to my grip and not seeting the mags correctly in the match. At the range it has never had a hicup that was gun related. Some weeker/new shooters did have the limp wrist stove pipe jams. Other than that it has never had any gun related issues. The only issues I have ever had were from faulty ammo.

I have out at least 6k down range. I was shooting about 500 rounds a week when I first got it in 02. (I had free range time and a lot of spare time) I have cleaned it after each range trip and the thing is only showing a little ware on the barrel. Nothing else looks bad on the gun.

The gun is very simple to clean. Feild stripping takes like 5 seconds and reassemble takes all of 10 seconds.

I bought the gun without research and renting one first and it was a very good first buy for me.

These are great guns. Holseter are a little hard to find but they are out there. The extra mags are more money than some other guns and most places dont have them in stock but I had one shop get them in a day and online sites you can get them as well.

-James

Last edited:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, first let me say that I think it is a goofy looking gun. Too raygun-ish looking for me.

However, I have shot one and it was laser like accurate. So far it is the most accurate polymer framed gun I have ever shot. I am seriously considering one now, despite its goofy looks. I mean I shot this better than I have shot any of my 1911s and the only other 9mm that I have shot more accurately was a SIG X-Five. I would be hard pressed to replicate the group with my P7M8.

Top Bottom