• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When all your going for is function, form tends to take a back seat. Especially when cost is involved.

What kind of action does this rifle use? I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    When all your going for is function, form tends to take a back seat. Especially when cost is involved.

What kind of action does this rifle use? I'm too lazy to look it up myself.
    It uses a long stroke gas piston. It's not attached to the carrier, but it follows the carrier through the full cycle.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sounds and looks pretty cool.But I wonder, how will they get around the '89 import ban? Is the civvy version going to be heavily neutured? Or will it actually be produced here? The article wasn't exactly clear.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Sounds and looks pretty awesome.But I wonder, how will they get around the '89 import ban? Is the civvy version going to be heavily neutured? Or will it actually be produced here? The article wasn't exactly clear.
    I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it will be built here in the US. I'm sure they're tooling up for the pending M4 replacement trials.

Military Arms Blog: Army kicks off new carbine tests

That means it will have to be made here if it wants a shot at winning the contract.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    An ALL Poly Rifle?!

It uses as much poly as the G36 or ACR. The bolt, carrier, barrel, and trigger components will be metal. The poly will likely be reinforced with metal where the carrier rides too, but that's just an assumption on my part.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is a really interesting design, with the ability for right or left ejection with the push of a button. What will also be interesting is assuming they are going to make a version for those of us who shall not be infringed, how they will get it passed the import restrictions on the second amendment. It would be great if they made it right here in the USofA!!!

I want one!!!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    cut to about 13:30 to see the arx

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bW0vJi83k&feature=channel]YouTube - Nutnfancy SHOT Show 2011: Beretta Set to Embarrass ACR![/ame]

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It uses as much poly as the G36 or ACR. The bolt, carrier, barrel, and trigger components will be metal. The poly will likely be reinforced with metal where the carrier rides too, but that's just an assumption on my part.

From what I have read there is considerable differences in the Construction of the Beretta over the G36 and the ACR. The Beretta is Supposed to use an upper and Lower Receiver out of Poly with little to no metal and a Ceramic Ring were the Barrel Mates to Dissipate the heat. Ask HK how easy to have a Poly Receiver...

Could have changed Since I seen one in Heidelberg last Summer though... :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In the Nutnfancy video, the Beretta rep indicates the US availability of the ARX would be "more than months but less than years". IMO, anyone thinks we're going to see this here in 2011 is deluded.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I doubt we'll see any this year either. Unless Beretta is aiming this as much towards the civilian market as the military. If the msrp is below $2000 as the link said. It wouldn't be to hard to imagine getting one late next year in the $1600 range. That's not to bad for a new platform.

Still uses AR/M16 magazines. I'm a sucker for sporting rifles though.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4CcvW3I3M"]YouTube - Beretta Arx 160 calibro 5,56 mm[/ame]​

Wonder what the twist rate is 1:7 or 1:8? It's obviously stabilizing a 77 gr with no problem.​

Top Bottom