• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBlueHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Noblesville
    Does anybody know dealers that have the Bergara rifles instock?
    I have heard allot about these rifles, but have yet to find a dealer stocking.
    Most interest is the LRP Chassis gun in 6.5 Creedmooor

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    At one time there was a commercial ,stating " If you want to increase the accuracy of your Contender/Encore--change to a Begara barrel"-----so I bought one in .243---using the same ammo my 1" groups(100yds)with my T/C Encore---with the Bergara barrel it went to 2 1/2" same ammo,same day------------I'm not sold on Bergera barrels--------------Complete guns????????
    Took a loss--moved it on down the road

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    At one time there was a commercial ,stating " If you want to increase the accuracy of your Contender/Encore--change to a Begara barrel"-----so I bought one in .243---using the same ammo my 1" groups(100yds)with my T/C Encore---with the Bergara barrel it went to 2 1/2" same ammo,same day------------I'm not sold on Bergera barrels--------------Complete guns????????
    Took a loss--moved it on down the road
    FWIW the American Rifleman had an article on Bergara. Apparently the barrels are made in Spain while the whole guns are made in "Bergara-USA"s custom shop. I'm sure there's a difference in QC there.

GoBlueHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Noblesville
    I have heard the Bergara LRP chassis rifle comes with a Dead Air surpressor muzzle break?
    Anyone know anything (good or bad) about the DeadAir surpressors?? and where they may be available??

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a 300 Blackout barrel for my Encore from Bergara and it has a chamber that is too deep for factory ammo, so I sent it out and had a rim cut put into the chamber for 360 Dan Wesson brass that I reform into a rimmed 300 BLK. Now it shoots great because the case headspaces at the rim instead of the shoulder and I only neck size the brass to avoid pushing the shoulder back to factory specs.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I have a 300 Blackout barrel for my Encore from Bergara and it has a chamber that is too deep for factory ammo, so I sent it out and had a rim cut put into the chamber for 360 Dan Wesson brass that I reform into a rimmed 300 BLK. Now it shoots great because the case headspaces at the rim instead of the shoulder and I only neck size the brass to avoid pushing the shoulder back to factory specs.
    Someday somebody is going to have a fit trying to figure out what caliber that's chambered in. :laugh:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It is still a 300 Blackout, and it works with my cases formed from 223, but the factory stuff gets knocked forward instead of firing. The person who gets my 35 Remington barrel will be confused as well because I form all of those from 30-40 Krag to get a rimmed version.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It is still a 300 Blackout, and it works with my cases formed from 223, but the factory stuff gets knocked forward instead of firing. The person who gets my 35 Remington barrel will be confused as well because I form all of those from 30-40 Krag to get a rimmed version.
    He's a madman! A madman!

Top Bottom