• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Looking for a smaller 9mm with low recoil. Heard some good stuff about the BP9
    Any you ladies or gents have this gun? Before I go out and try to run one down,
    Thought maybe I could get some insight here first

Thanks

Roger

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I got one for the wife and I think I like it more than she does. It is a very natural pointing gun for me, has low recoil, easy to conceal and the trigger is DAO but is very, very nice with a quick reset. The only thing I don't like is it won't fire without a magazine. Mine happened to have a problem but Bersa support is great and are sending a replacement since they want to keep/study what happened to mine. Go find one and I bet you'll like it.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Shoots great, light trigger and very short reset. I don't like the lock on the side of the slide. I wouldn't carry it though. Mostly due to the light trigger and magazine disconnect.

Last edited:

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    We have one in stock right now. Not quite sure how I feel about it. The trigger is rather light, it has that goofy freaking internal lock that Smith and Wesson tried a few years ago and those are about the only bad things I see about the one we have. I like the fit in my hand, it seems slim enough to easily conceal, and from what I hear, they shoot pretty nice too. Would love to shoot one if I could get the chance, but if they shoot as well as they handle they are great.

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Shoots great, light trigger and very short reset. I don't like the lock on the side of the frame. I wouldn't carry it though. Mostly due to the light trigger and magazine disconnect.

Thanks for the info...i appreciate it......I've heard good things about them also......BUT when you guys talk about the light trigger pull and maybe wouldn't carry it, are you saying your afraid of accidental discharge if you carry it because of the light trigger pull?.....Because i DO want to carry it (concealed). I have a keltec pf9 that i carry now. Its accurate and conceals well, but this damn thing shoots like a turd!

I was hoping the bersa which is a tad bigger and heavier might shoot better because of the extra weight but i dont want to be afraid of the light trigger pull:dunno:

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    There is no question that it shoots much better than the PF9 (I got rid of the PF9 I had) I won't carry mine because, with such a light trigger, under stress I think it would be too easy to unintentionaly fire. I do have a PPS that is slightly taller that I would recomend for carry. They really do shoot like a larger gun and while the trigger was gritty right out of the box mine smoothed out very nicely after shooting the first few hundred rounds

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My wife decided she wanted a pistol:rockwoot: so we went to Elmore's and let her see a selection of pistols to find one that fit. She was really digging the Kahr P40 they had, but for her, the .40 not for her I told her to stick with 9mm and she was looking for a CW9 that they didn't have. She ended up a Bradis, and after fondling a CW9, she liked the Bersa better. She got a BP9CC with the nickle slide out the door for @$420. We will be going to the range this weekend to get her accustomed to her new piece.

Top Bottom