• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Great little gun. All of the above mentioned characteristics and a much better trigger than that of the higer priced "European" gun of similar design.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    They seem like pretty decent weapons to me. I was looking at some at a gun store and another customer told me he had the double stack Bersa and had put several thousand rounds through it. He said the only part that gave him a problem was the trigger linkage on the right side of the gun, but also that it was a cheap and easy fix.

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    Working where I do I have the opportunity to trade for different brands of hand guns. I had a Bersa CC 380 and totally loved it. Read many reviews before the purchase and all seemed pleased with their purchase. Mine happened to be "previously owned" but never fired so I was able to get it for the used gun price. It fired nicely with any type of ammo I tried. I also get partial boxes of ammo that come in witht he trade ins for a good price. This gives me the opportunity to test fire the different manufacturers brands without the cost of a full box. Would recomend a Bersa, suprises me the number of people who have never heard of them.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    As promised, here are a couple of photos of my 380 with the 22 round mag from Pro Mag. I took one with the Bersa in my hand so you can get a better perspective on the size of the drum and handgun overall. I still haven't shot it with the drum mag on it, but I'll give you a review once I get to... :shoot:

picture.php

picture.php

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have noticed one thing with my gun tho. Its new, never been fired. The mag holds 7 rounds, and when i chamber the first round, somtimes it does not close the slide all the way. I have to kinda push it forward. But if the mag has 6 rounds in it, it chambers no prob. like it should. Any news on this!!? I have a friend that bought the same gun. He said you can squeeze 8 rounds into the clip but wont chamber. So im thinking that seven is the max because of the tension force and any more rounds would prevent it from chambering.

Think of how it cycles when fired and duplicate the action. I have a 380CC with the 8 round magazine and the only time I have that problem is if I don't snap it back to load it.

I also picked up a 9mm High Capacity (17+1) last year at the 1500 for $309 and carry it. It is a different animal than the 380 but they are both well made and a pleasure to shoot.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Own a used one I picked up at KS&E for 200, great deal. The Thunder 380 is better ergonomically than either the Sig 232 or Walther PPK/S, in that you won't get slide bite - and at 200 to 250 cheaper than either, what's not to like? That unnamed site (cough*bersatalk.com*cough) has a ton of good info. Seems like 99% of buyers love them, 1% have a bunch of problems. Bersa has had some QC problems in the past, which they've supposedly worked through. Things to look out for - use only factory mags, even if they're expensive. CLEAN the factory mags before you use them, they tend to be dirty and it's not hard to dissassemble them. Clean the piece and lube it thoroughly after every time you shoot it. Don't use cheap ammo, altho I know 380 ammo is expensive. All from that other unnamed website....;)

Top Bottom