Bersa Thunder .45...any knowledge out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pheenix42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    Saw a very nice Bersa Thunder .45 at a local shop today...now, I know that the .380 is highly regarded, but does anyone have knowledge of the Thunder .45? I'm REALLY considering this pistol if I can't find a 1911 style .45 anyplace.

Thanks! :yesway::popcorn:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Shooters right they do have a full grip, that's one aspect that swayed me to get the BT.45UC. I have medium to large hands, so the grip feels fine to me. It has the decocker safety feature which I like.

They now come with 2 7 round mags. For concealed carry, up close and personal I feel that 7 should be plenty. YMMV and IMHO. :yesway:

IF things work out, I'll have this with me up at Wilbur Wright range in New Castle this Sat. If your out and about your more than welcome to put some factory rounds through it if you have any. :yesway:

:ingo:

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have a Thunder 45 and love it. As was said above, the grip is wide. If it fits your hand and it is comfortable, I say go for it. I have never had any issue with mine at all. Good luck with your decision.. :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    All the ones I have shot I am VERY impressed with. Folks will him and haw about how its not a Glock 30 (3 more rounds, more mags, better parts support), but for 300 or under for a used Thunder .45, GO FOR IT! :) They are very accurate from what I have seen and can carry pretty well too. For the loot and if that is what you can afford, you can do FAR worse.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I have never held one, shot one, looked at one outside a gun shop case but they must be crap because I read an opinion about one written by a guy who heard that someone on an internet board about electronics said his cousins girlfriend didn't like them...or any guns. I'd hold off......

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I have never held one, shot one, looked at one outside a gun shop case but they must be crap because I read an opinion about one written by a guy who heard that someone on an internet board about electronics said his cousins girlfriend didn't like them...or any guns. I'd hold off......

:laugh: yeah but the guy at 7-11 likes them, so that's good enough for me! :cool:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Funny, but sooo true.

When I was researching my Bersa, about the only negatives I could find was stuff just like that. "My buddy had one and it was junk, PPKs are well worth the $300 more" blah blah

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I shot one that belongs to a friend. Functioned just fine and shot accuratly for me. I would buy one if I found one at a reasonable price (when I had cash in my pocket). The only drawback with Bersa is availability of mags, they are pricey and no good aftermarket alternate. They are good little CC guns. Second the mention of the Bersatalk web-site. Tey have some good knowledgeable people there, some of them are gun smiths who do Bersa warrantee work.

Top Bottom