• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Hey everyone....im new to the gun world and as a female im looking for a protection piece. I have been looking at the bersa thunder series and like the 380 and the 9. Does amyone have any imput or advice you could offer?

Thanks
    Waikkr01

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Both are excellent, no-frills firearms. The 9 is considerably larger than the 380 if you are thinking of using it for a carry piece. Both are very accurate, easy to disassemble for cleaning, and very reliable. The Ruger SR9 series is another option in the same price range that you might want to consider. You might want to read my comparison of the Bersa Thunder Pro 9UC and Ruger SR9c here. The Bersa Thunder Pro 9HC and Ruger SR9 are also very similar.

When selecting a firearm, be sure to handle a number of different ones to figure out which fit you properly (everyone is a little different). Then if possible, test fire your final candidates to determine how they work for you.

You are starting the right way by asking for input. Good luck in your hunt.

Last edited:

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    My wife, a tiny 5'4" woman, easily handles, and loves the Bersa thunder .380. I've personally never seen it jam. It seems to go bang every time you pull the trigger.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A friend of mine, and fellow INGO'er "Roadie" used his formerly owned Bersa 9mm pistol at a training class we both attended (MDFI Handgun I, if anyone cares). What he learned was that the pistol is more than capable of keeping up with the bigger name players when it is kept clean and well lubricated. His afternoon mechanical failures were due to being dirty and dry.

Personally, I've never fired any Bersa products, but their 9mm pistols intrigue me due to their size and cost.

I'm still waiting on their BP9cc to start showing up in stores (single-stack, polymer-framed 9mm = Kahr competitor)

-J-

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've got a Bersa Thunder 9. I've easily put about 1000 rounds through it and it just keeps going. For the money, I couldn't be happier with the gun. When I first got the gun it would jamb after every shot. I took it back to the gun shop and they sent it back to Bersa. Got it back and it's been working great since then.

My dad also has the 380 CC. It's a nice size for carrying and shoots good too!

waikkr01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks everyone...ive picked up multiple guns at the gun show this pasf weekend with my boyfriend and i have found that the bersa has all the features that i am looking for for a good price. I wish i could try on before i buy it but that may not get to happen.

Thanks again for your help
    Waikkr01

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've owned the Bersa 9UC, Bersa 9HC and still own a Bersa 45UC. They are really nice guns and stand up well against any other firearm. They are ambidextrous, easy to clean, reliable and accurate. I've generally moved away from them and towards the CZ 75 family of firearms because I don't like decockers, but that's just personal preference. If they allowed condition 1 carry, cocked and locked, I'd still carry them daily. They really are nice guns.

Top Bottom