• ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Another +1 for the G19.

Also was in your situation and was pretty convinced I needed a G26. When I was shopping the gun dealer put both out side by side. A G26 with pinky extension is nearly the same size as a G19 with standard mag. The only difference then is in barrel length. Might has well have the extra 3/4 or 1" or so of barrel, and standard magazines in my book.

I CC daily in either a budget friendly Don Hume leather IWB holster, or in a Crossbreed supertuck. Both easily conceal the weapon on my 6-1" / 175lb body.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I really think I will go with the Glock 19.
    What's a fair price (with taxes) on a new Glock 19 Gen 3?
    I havent been in a gun store in a while and the last one I went the prices were kinda high (over $600).
    I found prices like $450 online but I guess its without taxes, shipping and FFL fees.
    Just to have an idea on how much I have to save.
    Thanks if anyone can tell me.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I happen to be a big fan of the S&W M&P series.

Man, what a buzz kill to our G19 love fest! ;)

Sylvian-

You should be able to find a G19 for less than $500 with standard sights. You can shop around a bit and find some in that range. From time to time they come up here in the classifieds.

A used G19 can be had closer to the $400 range, and may be another option to consider.

Not sure of your geographic location, but Acme Sports in Seymour typically has a few G19's and are usually very competitive on price.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I happen to be a big fan of the S&W M&P series.

Yeah I like those.From what I seen you can order them with or without a safety so that's cool.
    One reason I like the Glock better is that you can use Glock 17 or even Glock 18 magazines in the the Glock 19.That's great for spare magazines (the G17 mag anyway, the G18 is good for fun at the range).

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I like this gun, the only problem I have with it is the safety.
    What about the trigger, is it a DAO with a long and heavy trigger?

Now, I'm not familiar with many civilian hand guns. I like the trigger pull a lot on my Taurus. As far as I know it's stock. The trigger goes almost all the way back before you feel any tension. In that sense it's a very short trigger pull. I do like the trigger better than High Points, Bersa's, and the two Smith and Wessons I've shot.

The safety doesn't bother me any really because it's similar to the 9 mils we used in the military. I've gotten pretty good at pulling, taking the saftey off in one smooth motion out of the holster.

The only thing I dislike about it is the placement of the mag release. It might be the length of my index finger, but if I fire to rapidly and my hand is clenched to tightly then I'll drop the magazine on accident. It's something that can be fixed with practice.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Just to look outside the Glock-talk... I'll suggest the CZ P-01.

Compact. Accurate. Reliable. DA/SA. Decocker (no safety). 14rnd mag. Fantastic grip and ergonomics.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I like the 26 but I the grip is a bit too small to be shot all day long at the range IMO.

I've done it and it's not bad at all. Took a couple of classes with ACT and went through ~400 rounds. My hand was sore from the checkering on the back of the grip but that's because I have a desk job.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Yeah I like those.From what I seen you can order them with or without a safety so that's cool.
    One reason I like the Glock better is that you can use Glock 17 or even Glock 18 magazines in the the Glock 19.That's great for spare magazines (the G17 mag anyway, the G18 is good for fun at the range).

You can use the M&P9 full-size mags in the M&P9c the same way.

You just have to love the M&P.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    any Glock nine is fine, hehe sorry. i carry a g27 with a g23 magazine plus extension witch makes it nice to grip and shoot. you can do the same thing with the g26,g19,g17 also they take a 30 rnd clip, not to shabby. a larger glock would be a better range toy with a longer barrel, but all glocks shoot accurate in my opinion. you know kel-tec makes a nine mil that has gotten good reviews at the local gun range, built in the U.S.A., and simular to Glocks price. you have many options, take your time and have some fun.....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    any Glock nine is fine, hehe sorry. i carry a g27 with a g23 magazine plus extension witch makes it nice to grip and shoot. you can do the same thing with the g26,g19,g17 also they take a 30 rnd clip, not to shabby. a larger glock would be a better range toy with a longer barrel, but all glocks shoot accurate in my opinion. you know kel-tec makes a nine mil that has gotten good reviews at the local gun range, built in the U.S.A., and simular to Glocks price. you have many options, take your time and have some fun.....

Yes I had a Kel-Tec P11, they make neat little guns but they dont have a full size grip like the Glock 19 has.I wouldnt shoot them all day.
    I dont really care if the product is made in the USA or not, maybe its because im not american.A Glock made in Austria is just as fine with me.
    One funny thing about Kel-Tec is that they say "USA made, USA owned" (something like that) in big letters on the box.
    The first thing I saw when I took the gun out of the box was the "made in Italy" magazine.For me its part of the gun so I would say they are half-made in the USA.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There is no "best." There are a lot of good guns out there, and personal preference. What is best for ME may very well not be best for YOU.

My favorite CC pistol is the Browning HiPower.

paul1968mcr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Carmel
    Take a look at the CZ2075 Rami P - SA/DA 10+1, carry mine in a highnoon slide guard....cannot fault it really, after a few hundred rounds break in, it never fails, accurate and darn sexy looking too!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There is no "best." There are a lot of good guns out there, and personal preference. What is best for ME may very well not be best for YOU.

My favorite CC pistol is the Browning HiPower.

Its what I meant.Best for all the things im looking for (caliber, size, weight etc).
    I know there are lots of good gun and I sure dont know about all of them.
    Its why im asking fellow INGOers.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I've found the biggest factors for me for concealment are (1) grip length, (2) width and (3) weight, probably in that order. And for me, it also depends on what I'm wearing and what I'll be doing as to whether not something is going to be "best" for concealed carry.

The two 9 mm's I carry are either the Walther PPS, very slim, short grip, carrying 7+1, or a G19. I have an easier time comfortably conceal carrying the Walther PPS in dress clothes. If I'm in jeans with a heavy gun belt, I go with the G19 as a 9mm carry gun. There's a significant difference in size, weight and capacity between these two guns. There's times when I will trade off capacity for size.

However, if I had to choose between the G26 and G19, I'd probably go with the G19. I don't own a G26, but I've checked them out, and I don't believe I gain much in concealability over the G19.

Top Bottom