• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    It's a glock. That's like asking what kind of food a platoon of Marines would like to eat. A properly functioning glock will eat anything. As to the best SD/duty rounds, let the debate begin.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's a Glock. It will run with pretty much any target ammo you put through it.

I use Federal HST 124 gr for my 9mm SD rounds. The Speer Gold Dots are excellent too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'd run about 100 rounds of your carry ammo through your gun just to make sure it works and hits where you want it to. With a Glock, the chances are slim it won't work right but you are talking about a life and death situation here.

As far as practice ammo, what ever you can get. Stay away from raw lead bullets and the rifling Glock uses will lead up quickly.

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    Never had any problems with reloads or factory ammo with mine. If its 9mm and jacketed or plated, you should be good. I know you're supposed to stay away from lead bullets but that should be the only restriction.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'd say whatever you want(except lead) for practice and there's lots of ballistic testing out there in the HP arena. I prefer Federal hydrashoks in 147 gr, to each his/her own.

Top Bottom