• lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    My first (and slightly snarky) response is "anything in 9mm!" :D

However, I realize you are asking a sincere question. So, here's my more sincere reply.

The Glock 19 is a very robust pistol and will shoot almost any 9mm (9mm Luger) loads. They like jacketed ammo. Some people say not to use lead bullets because of the design of the rifling. Others have successfully shot thousands of rounds of lead ammo. The G19 will also eat up hollow point defensive ammo with ease.

Try a few brands and decide what you like to shoot and what meets your needs for the gun's intended purpose and your budget. This is not a picky firearm! :yesway:

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Remington Golden Saber 124 grain JHP +P (Home)
    Magtech 115 grain (general purpose)

I personally avoid 147 gr. types....If you want those ballistics, go .45. Just my call. (excuse me while I duck from the incoming)

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    For personal defense I agree with 124 grain bonded hollow point. I seem to have good luck in all of my 9's with Speer Gold Dot 124. Just every day at the range I have decent luck with blazer brass ....read cheap!!!!

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Corbon DPX 115gr goes in mine when I'm not on a range, otherwise it's the lowest bidder.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Mine seems to love Remmy UMC FMJ 115gr. I've had misfires w/ S & B. None of my Glocks like Wolf ammo for some reason.

The G19 is one of my more accurate pistols at 25 yds.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    REMEMBER you can't shoot LEAD bullets in the GLOCK as long as it has the FACTORY barrel

Really?...guess those 1k rounds of ultramax lead rounds I've shot out of my G19 where only a figment of my imagination....and I guess having zero issues with running them was also a part of my imagination.:dunno::rolleyes:

Top Bottom