• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LWRC GUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    United States
    For as much as you paid for that LWRC it better shoot any of the proper caliber ammo you chamber in it.
    This was what the guy in the range told me. He said the rifle could definitely eat any ammo I fed into it. I just have to find a preference. My plan was to just stick to one brand, and keep practicing.

I believe this gentleman was poking fun at the acronyms. The lwrc of di etc. Maybe I'm off but that's how I took it. He went full blown with it though lol
    Thought the same thing actually!

I just got an LWRC DI and will use 55gr to sight it and just plink around since most of the 62gr are green tipped "armor piecing". I'm not sure if indoor ranges allows it. I had a 1:9 twist AR so I have a lot of 55gr. Higher bullet weight is expensive and hard to find. I don't intend to waste money on it unless I do some real serious shooting.

I will probably use steel bullets when all else is gone. Accuracy is just a term. Unless there's money in it, I don't worry about having a rifle or ammo or scope that's a tack driver. As long as I hit my target, I'm happy.

With that said, how do you like your LWRC? I haven't shot mine yet but plan on switching the trigger and put a muzzle brake on it.
    The American Eagle Ammo I am using is green tipped and I was able to use it in an indoor range with no issues from the range master. I guess different ranges have different rules.

I love my LWRC. Shot 50 rounds with it with no hiccups at all! The only upgrade I did to it was put the LWRC skirmish sites and a geissele SSA-E trigger. The trigger was definitely one of the best upgrades I did on it. Lighter pull (Def good for long range shooting) and reset was crispier IMHO. Next upgrade will definitely be a decent scope.

Thanks for the link man. That's a lot of ammo to try out. Gotta get a box of each. The guy at the range also mentioned about the Fiocci. He said it was one of the better and most accurate ammo he shot, but he warned me to be prepared to shell out $$$.

I haven't used much of it because none of that 55 or 62 gr FMJ ammo has ever shot worth diddly squat in my guns. I'm talking 9 twist bolt guns and a couple of 7 twist ARs. If the ability to hit a man-sized silhouette at 100 yards is all you want then anything will work in your alphabet gun. :):

Yes, I did get the multi-acronym-alpha response. Didn't understand what he said but I think that was his intent.

I still have to shoot mine some more and try different types of ammo.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have some experience with this, since I bought it I have roughly 3,000 rounds down the pipe of my LWRC IC-Di, I get the best groups out of IMI Razor Core 77gr 5.56 ammo, this is israeli manufacture 5.56 using a Sierra Match King bullet to their spect for about 1/2 the cost of Black Hills loading coming in at about 75 cents a round.

A4iBihoh.jpg

Normally I like to shoot the 62gr Fiocchi 223 (I like the lower pressure rounds for practice) for practice as the 1:7 twist does seem to like a heavier bullet, but I have learned that that loading has been discontinued so I picked up some Wolf Gold 55g and Fiocchi 55gr ammo. The Wolf Gold does not group nearly as well as the Fiocchi does and the Fiocchi burns cleaner I think. I did not even bother measuring the groups produced with the Wold Gold I could only get like 2.5 MOA or so, and I have not had the time to document groups with the Fiocchi 55gr ammo yet.

3S7O6Muh.jpg

(Wolf Gold 55gr .223 grouping)

Generally I avoid steel cased ammo, it seems to run dirtier to me and the bullets Wolf uses at least in their steel cased ammo is called a "Bi-Metal Bullet" which is a steel backet with some copper over it, the rifling cuts through the copper cover and into the steel in theory wearing out the barrel faster. Personally I spent too much cash on this gun to run **** ammo through it so I stick with the Fiocchi 55gr (I will not be getting more Wold Gold) I mentioned above and the IMI ammo. Lastly here is a picture of my set up

YbQqCh5h.jpg

I added a Trijicon AccuPower 1-8, SureFire Scout Light and an Elftman Tactical Match Trigger

LWRC GUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    United States
    I have some experience with this, since I bought it I have roughly 3,000 rounds down the pipe of my LWRC IC-Di, I get the best groups out of IMI Razor Core 77gr 5.56 ammo, this is israeli manufacture 5.56 using a Sierra Match King bullet to their spect for about 1/2 the cost of Black Hills loading coming in at about 75 cents a round.

Normally I like to shoot the 62gr Fiocchi 223 (I like the lower pressure rounds for practice) for practice as the 1:7 twist does seem to like a heavier bullet, but I have learned that that loading has been discontinued so I picked up some Wolf Gold 55g and Fiocchi 55gr ammo. The Wolf Gold does not group nearly as well as the Fiocchi does and the Fiocchi burns cleaner I think. I did not even bother measuring the groups produced with the Wold Gold I could only get like 2.5 MOA or so, and I have not had the time to document groups with the Fiocchi 55gr ammo yet.

Generally I avoid steel cased ammo, it seems to run dirtier to me and the bullets Wolf uses at least in their steel cased ammo is called a "Bi-Metal Bullet" which is a steel backet with some copper over it, the rifling cuts through the copper cover and into the steel in theory wearing out the barrel faster. Personally I spent too much cash on this gun to run **** ammo through it so I stick with the Fiocchi 55gr (I will not be getting more Wold Gold) I mentioned above and the IMI ammo. Lastly here is a picture of my set up

YbQqCh5h.jpg

I added a Trijicon AccuPower 1-8, SureFire Scout Light and an Elftman Tactical Match Trigger

For practice, I have narrowed down my ammo selection to the Federal American Eagle 55 gr 223. I'm definitely buying these in bulk. They are brass cased with a copper jacket, ideal for our barrels.

For accuracy/defensive loads, I was leaning towards the Federal fusion MSR. Since you have gone to 3000 rounds on your rifle, I might have to try the IMI Razor Core 77gr 5.56 and the Fiocchi 55gr .223 ammo.

Nice rifle you have there Dean! No expense spared based on the parts alone! Hehehe. Anyways, since you have trijicon 1-8x28 scope, is it the MIL segemented or the MOA segemented? Saw this on another post of yours, but on your on your mxm mount, I'm assuming you got the 34 mm 20 MOA since the trijicon 1-8x28 scope only comes in 34 mm.

The only upgrade I did so far since I got mine as get the LWRC skirmish sights and Geissele SSA-E trigger.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    For practice, I have narrowed down my ammo selection to the Federal American Eagle 55 gr 223. I'm definitely buying these in bulk. They are brass cased with a copper jacket, ideal for our barrels.

For accuracy/defensive loads, I was leaning towards the Federal fusion MSR. Since you have gone to 3000 rounds on your rifle, I might have to try the IMI Razor Core 77gr 5.56 and the Fiocchi 55gr .223 ammo.

Nice rifle you have there Dean! No expense spared based on the parts alone! Hehehe. Anyways, since you have trijicon 1-8x28 scope, is it the MIL segemented or the MOA segemented? Saw this on another post of yours, but on your on your mxm mount, I'm assuming you got the 34 mm 20 MOA since the trijicon 1-8x28 scope only comes in 34 mm.

The only upgrade I did so far since I got mine as get the LWRC skirmish sights and Geissele SSA-E trigger.

I like the IMI Razor Core because it is essentially MK262 Mod 1 which is the ammo SOCOM and others are running right now as this thing is effective is SBR's all the way to DMR configured rifles shooting 600 yards. The open tip match king design ensures the bullet will tumble once it strikes the target, unlike say 55gr ball ammo that relies on speed to get it to tumble. That and the 62gr Federal MSR I looked at is going the same velocity as the IMI but the bullet is 15gr lighter! The IMI is a fantastic "all around" preformer working well at 25 yards all the way to 600 yards which cannot be said for most 223/556 loadings with the exception of the 69gr ammo running the Sierra Match King Bullets.

My Trijicon is the MOA reticle as that is the system I am the most familiar with running in this mount

Vortex Optics - Precision Extended Cantilever Mount 34mm 20 MOA

Which is just this mount but re-branded as I wanted to get everything from Alan at AA Optics

MXM Scope Mount - Scope Rings & Mounts

Personally I recommend getting a scope for your LWRC as it has made shooting my rifle much more enjoyable which is why I have the round count I do currently.

LWRC GUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    United States
    I like the IMI Razor Core because it is essentially MK262 Mod 1 which is the ammo SOCOM and others are running right now as this thing is effective is SBR's all the way to DMR configured rifles shooting 600 yards. The open tip match king design ensures the bullet will tumble once it strikes the target, unlike say 55gr ball ammo that relies on speed to get it to tumble. That and the 62gr Federal MSR I looked at is going the same velocity as the IMI but the bullet is 15gr lighter! The IMI is a fantastic "all around" preformer working well at 25 yards all the way to 600 yards which cannot be said for most 223/556 loadings with the exception of the 69gr ammo running the Sierra Match King Bullets.

My Trijicon is the MOA reticle as that is the system I am the most familiar with running in this mount

Vortex Optics - Precision Extended Cantilever Mount 34mm 20 MOA

Which is just this mount but re-branded as I wanted to get everything from Alan at AA Optics

MXM Scope Mount - Scope Rings & Mounts

Personally I recommend getting a scope for your LWRC as it has made shooting my rifle much more enjoyable which is why I have the round count I do currently.

I'm definitely going to get a box of the IMI Razor Core to test it out.

On the mount, is it able to co-witness with the LWRC skirmish sights? I have the skirmish sights so i asked. Or is that a bad route to go? I mean if you have skirmish sights, does it have to co-witness with the scope? I was just worried if the scope stopped working, I can still use the skirmish sights.

Thanks for the links Dean! Really appreciate all the help I can get.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'm definitely going to get a box of the IMI Razor Core to test it out.

On the mount, is it able to co-witness with the LWRC skirmish sights? I have the skirmish sights so i asked. Or is that a bad route to go? I mean if you have skirmish sights, does it have to co-witness with the scope? I was just worried if the scope stopped working, I can still use the skirmish sights.

Thanks for the links Dean! Really appreciate all the help I can get.

No problem happy to help, I am not any help with the skirmish sights however as I do not own a pair (never even put irons on my LWRC). That and I actually mount my scope back enough that there is not enough space on my top rail to mount the sights (regardless your rear sight would be trapped under the scope tube as the MXM mount is not a QD mount). Personally remedy this I am getting an offset RMR mount for my rifle as I have an older Gen I RMR laying around that I need to put to good use.

haBtzJWh.jpg

This illustrates the problem

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom