• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been looking at different ways to load out for range trips.
    Some are just test sessions that do not require a major load out and some are a bit more again just short of major.

I saw these on Amazon and bought the set.

They appear to be perfect for that in the middle range trip. The lids seal up really well and I like the tray they all fit into.

This is the link..
    Amazon product ASIN B01MU6ZAPG
    Thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_4314.jpg
      IMG_4314.jpg
      113.7 KB · Views: 76
    • IMG_4315.jpg
      IMG_4315.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 74
    • IMG_4316.jpg
      IMG_4316.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 74
    Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been using the Apache cases from Harbor Freight. They're Pelican knock offs for a fraction of the price.
    It holds the MTM cartridge cases, spare mags, and other miscellaneous items.
    I can add or remove layers of the foam insert as needed, I can even use those worthless locks ya get with a new gun purchase to secure them.
    I think I need a garden cart to haul it to the line and back to the truck now.
    Getting old sucks.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have been looking at different ways to load out for rage trips.
    Some are just test sessions that do not require a major load out and some are a bit more again just short of major.

They appear to be perfect for that in the middle range trip. The lids seal up really well and I like the tray they all fit into.

This is the link..
    Thoughts.
    I absolutely love the mtm cans and crates combos. I have several. Ine is dedicated for the range but I have a couple other 3 can sets that are dedicated to fully processed brass. Love there ar mag cans as well. Hold fifteen 30 rounders and you can get a 40 rounder in there as well. Have several of those too

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have been looking at different ways to load out for rage trips.

This is the link..
    Thoughts.
    Looks like it's the way to go. How are the seals around the lids? Are they water/air tight? Any tests on them?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Been using the Apache cases from Harbor Freight. They're Pelican knock offs for a fraction of the price.
    It holds the MTM cartridge cases, spare mags, and other miscellaneous items.
    I can add or remove layers of the foam insert as needed, I can even use those worthless locks ya get with a new gun purchase to secure them.
    I think I need a garden cart to haul it to the line and back to the truck now.
    Getting old sucks.
    Can you put up pictures and or links?

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    4:30am gotta go to work, here's the best I can do until tonight.
    This is a 4800 series, my prefered size for the range. This is set up fpr 22LR. It has a good supply of Ruger 10-22 mags, M&P 15- 22 mags, there's about 500 or so CCI Mini-Mags in there, a small Pelican case, a Cleaning kit with a bore snake.............and for some reason, a couple 10 round 5.56 mags, plenty of room and built like a Chinese tank..
    I have one of these for every caliber and another that holds all the handguns inside soft cases.
    Hope this helps. 20210304_043209.jpg 20210304_043232.jpg 20210304_043414.jpg

Last edited:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    this is my current setup for matches. Midway range bag, midway AR15 mag bag, small cooler, Kolpin ATV gun holders, i use TK pistol bags for for RF pistols

Attachments

• DSCF4683.JPG
      DSCF4683.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 14

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    These look perfect...i've been looking for a good ammo storage for a while now. Plus I heard OD green ammo cases from HF are really cool too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Depending on what I'm doing at the range, I've come to really like one of these smaller man purse range bag type of things.

I've got this one from 5.11:
    Amazon product ASIN B002BP53FY
    I've also got this one from propper:
    Amazon product ASIN B06ZYTXY8P
    Both work great for what they are. For a match, I'm just throwing all my junk in an eberlestock gunslinger 2. The last couple of matches I've gone to I've seen more guys using those backpacks as a glorified range bag than anything else and since I bought one I've been very happy with it.
    Amazon product ASIN B003D84WYQ
    I've used a variety of ammo cans for range trips before, but once I switched to what I'm using now I've never regretted it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I have several of the cans and one tub. They worked well for the SGE I attended. I bought precut foam inserts for a couple of them to hold loaded mags. Used one on my last range trip to carry boxes of .308

The only "problem" is with 4 ammo loaded cans, the tub is about too heavy to pick up. It does work very well to contain the cans in a vehicle.

Top Bottom