• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I load my wife's SR9C (which I carry 90% of the time it leaves the safe) with DPX (Corbon) 9mm Luger+P 115gr. The gun eats it, the paper looks the same. I've yet to see the difference between this load and a standard 9mm lead load in a human. Hopefully, I never will. The balistics reviews rated the Corbon DPX load among the best for consistency of "flower" which is in essence the purpose of a hollow point. That's why I went with it. I just wish I could get more for some spare mags.

-Dobber

Sr9cace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Has anyone ever use hornady critical duty 9mm 134 gr on their sr9c? If so how do you like it or would you recommend anything else grain wise?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The Federal 115 gr FMJ can be bought at Walmart for $10.47 everyday.

I can't speak for the SR9c, but my two SR9's seem to prefer 115 gr ammo over anything else.

BTW, USA Ammo has 9mm 115 gr FMJ for $8.45/50. I bought 250 rounds to try it out. My son shot it at the last FNS and it cycled perfectly, and was accurate enough for him finish very high in the unlimited class. I'm VERY proud of him!:D

Ahh, the good ole day's!

As far as the 134 Critical Duty's, tehy will kick and flash a bit more than the 115 critical defense.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    My SR9c has eaten every kind of ammo I have put through it, all grains, all bullets, all cases including +P stuff and always asked for more.

I have probably 2,500 rounds through mine and it only has some wear at the top of the guide pins on the barrel.

The last torture test I did was all Remington 115 gr HP's bought in 100 round bulk packs. It shot flawless until about the 450 round mark then the slide started to slow down and it would stove pipe or FTE.

A quick field strip cleaning and it was back up and operating and I finished off the 600 rounds I had for that days training with out any more issues.

I have ran mag dumps of at least 5 of the 17 round mags back to back and heated it up plenty good to see if it had issues. There were none.

I clean with Hoppe's No. 9
    I oil with Weapon Shield
    I grease with either Remington or Super Lube

I also have an SR9 and love it as well.

Shoot it, enjoy it, buy another.. LOL

TJ

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    What holster is everyone using for their sr9c? IWB or paddle kydex?

Depends on my attire. I prefer plastic but sometimes it's too bulky. Just be sure that you do a LOT of dry practice with each/all holsters that you get. Be as consistent as possible with position/draw stroke for each one. 75% of the time I wear a universal Uncle Mike's nylon holster because it folds flat against my hip when NOT carrying. While open carrying I like the Blackhawk SERPA holsters. I put on the paddle or belt loops depending on clothing fabric. When running down to the gas station in PJs or exercise shorts I'll sometimes use a ( :nono: ) Fobus paddle. The Fobus has been dedicated to door-pocket carry for years and it's convenient to pop off the door and onto my hip. I have a SuperTuck on order (since 3/23/13) but have no comments on it yet.

The most important thing to note is that whatever is comfortable for you make sure to practice your draw stroke HUNDREDS or even thousands of times before trusting your life to your own rote memory.

-Dobber

EDIT: I forgot the ankle holster. I hate it, but some situations (ie work) require that I be in a shirt/tie and dress pants. Perhaps I can pull this off w/ the Supertuck but when I carry and dress code doesn't permit a waist method I use the Uncle Mikes Size 12 ankle holster. Take care to align the velcro to avoid chafing.

Top Bottom