• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK so I'm really starting to crawl into the 21ST Century. I swore I would never get a phone that did more that Phone calls. But I went and got an Android powered Smart Phone when I switched carriers recently. And I have a few favorite apps already, the Congress App. police scanner app, a few games and of course Angry Birds! And I'm really using the heck out of the calender and appointment app. But I can't seem to find a good Bar code app that works like Gas Buddy. My B-I-L and buddy from where I used to work have I Phones and they have an app that will find the cheapest price on a product when you scan the code. Scan life and the two others I have loaded just work for specific retailers. And the "Market" app that came with the Phone won't do that either. So Is there and app for Androids that will give you that information on products? amd any other favs would be cool to know about! :ingo:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    If you listen to any podcast's, I can suggest BeyondPod Podcast manager. great app for keeping track of multiple feeds. I have the entire Gun Rights Radio Network set up on there.

Just about everything has an app now a days, I use the netflix app, Google Sky is a great one for astronomy, Amazon App, Fandango for movies, every sports team..........

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Tune in radio - Radio stations from all over
    Sound hound - What is that song?
    Angry birds - Angry birds + evil pigs = no boredom
    Netflix - Watch Netflix
    Google goggles - scans just about anything and googles it, pictures, items, barcodes, ect.
    Scanlife - barcode and QR code reader

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    But I can't seem to find a good Bar code app that works like Gas Buddy. My B-I-L and buddy from where I used to work have I Phones and they have an app that will find the cheapest price on a product when you scan the code. Scan life and the two others I have loaded just work for specific retailers. And the "Market" app that came with the Phone won't do that either. So Is there and app for Androids that will give you that information on products? amd any other favs would be cool to know about! :ingo:

The app you are looking for is called RedLaser. Go to the Market and do a search for RedLaser. You'll find it that way. It's a free app. I use it all the time. It has easily saved me hundreds of dollars. Just scan a upc symbol in with the camera. A lot of stores will match the price if you show them what comes up on the phone.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    .. there is also one called "Barcode Scanner". Basically, the same thing as RedLaser.
    I have the "Barcode Scanner" and it is smooth and fast, not to mention free.

Another free app that is pretty stunning is "Google Sky". Take it out at night and aim it at the stars and it will id all stars, planets and constellations for you.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The app you are looking for is called RedLaser. Go to the Market and do a search for RedLaser. You'll find it that way. It's a free app. I use it all the time. It has easily saved me hundreds of dollars. Just scan a upc symbol in with the camera. A lot of stores will match the price if you show them what comes up on the phone.
    I'll try Redlaser, I think I loaded Barcode Scanner and It did not work. I have Realcalc, And I like Daily Bible. It has differenrt themes one can choose from depending on what you feel you need help with. I of course chose a theme related to Unemployment! I also like Army Snioer, Assaulter, Redbox, and Movies.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Key Ring - All those tags you have on your key ring, store them on your phone.
    I was getting ready to download that app, until I read that you give the rights to the app to use any scanned/photographed image you take.... I'm not sure of the ramifications of that, but it doesnt sound good

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    And don't forget the newest and best...... The Chicago Bears app.

Some of my favorites: gmail, proCamera, Priorities, RedLaser, AroundMe, HiDef Radar, Redbox, Key Ring, Pocket Money, ebay, amazon, ScoreMobile, IMDb, Dish Network, SketchMee, MobileMonet, Momento, AllRecipes, Tango, Pandora, SoundHound, Fandango, Office Zombie, SantaShop.

Top Bottom