• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I bank with 5/3rd and to make a really long story really ahort, they suck. Bad customer service and none of their atms I have access to work. Any recommendations for banks? I don't have any crazy banking needs. I just need checking and savings and I don't want a lot of fees. A 24/7 customer line would be awesome.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My bank is Regions and I am very happy with the customer service and support. The only issue I have had would be access to ATM's in other cities. Regions is not as big as some of the other banks.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I've been with IU Credit Union for many years now, and even though I no longer live in Bloomington and the nearest branch is a good 70 miles from me, I refuse to switch banks. They're great, great customer service, and I miss living close to their local branches as the interaction with staff was always positive.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I love Huntington. None of the gotcha fees the other banks charge. No fees for checking accounts. You can set up automatic transfers so you don't overdraw the account. They also have a 24 hour grace period that lets you deposit money in case you do overdraw.

Customer service is always good.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I bank with 5/3rd and to make a really long story really ahort, they suck. Bad customer service and none of their atms I have access to work. Any recommendations for banks? I don't have any crazy banking needs. I just need checking and savings and I don't want a lot of fees. A 24/7 customer line would be awesome.

Leaving 5/3 myself to go to the local credit union.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I love Huntington. None of the gotcha fees the other banks charge. No fees for checking accounts. You can set up automatic transfers so you don't overdraw the account. They also have a 24 hour grace period that lets you deposit money in case you do overdraw.

This ^^^^^^^ I've been with Huntington all the way back to the days they were Uniion Federal Savings Bank. The 1-2 times I've had an issue in 20+ years, they've always been right there with a quick solution and great customer service.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    5/3 is Ohio. Regions is North Carolina.

I believe Salin Bank & Trust is still rated the best Indiana bank.

If you want to go credit union, it is my memory that Teachers Credit Union is rated the best in Indiana.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Great service from First Farmers Bank and Trust. They are based in Indiana and very friendly and helpful.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

I love forum credit union.

I bank with both of these banks. I cannot complain about either one.

5/3 and Chase are another story.

Top Bottom