• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone tried the bourbon or other spirits from Bear Wallow Distillery near Nashville? Going to be in Brown County for a few days next week.
    I remember it being al little green, but that was a while ago. Big Woods Restaurant Group (which I can recommend as a very good gastro pub (get the pork nachos)) has a new location Hard Truth Hills which is a restaurant/new distillery had some samples of other products for us to try. They don't do a sour mash that has a lot of people watching. Their Bourbon is not ready at this time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I remember it being al little green, but that was a while ago. Big Woods Restaurant Group (which I can recommend as a very good gastro pub (get the pork nachos)) has a new location Hard Truth Hills which is a restaurant/new distillery had some samples of other products for us to try. They don't do a sour mash that has a lot of people watching. Their Bourbon is not ready at this time.

Yep, good place. Great food

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Of my recent Father's Day gifts, the Blade and Bow is my new favorite...

mD1oVj1.jpg

Might have to shop around to find it for under $50 though. The wife found two bottles at the grocery store yesterday for $40 each and snagged them both.:yesway:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ok, it violates the $50 rule by $25, but I got that bottle of Maker's Private Select for father's day. It's really good. I didn't understand exactly what it was at the time. Maker's let retailers, or individuals who want to buy a whole barrel, select different barrel staves to go into their barrels for finishing so each one is a little different. That bottle from City Wide is pretty oaky. I wasn't my favorite at first, but it grew on me. Last weekend, we went to St Louis to help our son move to a new apartment. We went to a big liquor store and I bought him a bottle for a "house warming" present. I actually liked that bottle MUCH better. I don't usually like sweet bourbons, but this had a brown sugar mixed with vanilla flavor that was great.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Fire at Jim Beam Kentucky warehouse continues to burn as 45,000 barrels of bourbon are destroyed: reports

tenor.gif

Let hope and pray it's just Beam white label barrels going up in smoke and not Baker's, Basil Haydens, Knob Creek, Booker's, etc.:(
    FIFY
    They's probably brand the survivors as Devil's Smoked Cut and charge double, but Bourbon country is having a rough time. Sadly, they are currently spending a ton of money updating the rickhouses ( after the collapse incident) while the barrels stay inside and are moved around. They said they have to do this because they are at 98% capacity. Currently, a massive storage facility is under construction.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Given that 1 barrel nets anywhere from 150-200 bottles of the 750mL size, some quick math says at most 9,000,000 bottles were wasted. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the loss only accounts for 1% of Jim Beam's bourbon invnentory, so folks won't be running dry.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Wandering in Wally world and found a bottle of Evan Williams Bottled in Bond. Less than $15 so why not. Overall not bad for a fairly cheap bourbon.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Had some buddies over last weekend for some football/my birthday. Got taken care of pretty good. All good bourbons, all under $50.
    2cdbioz.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom