• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Tonight is a budget bunny bourbon battle! I think both of these are near $50/bottle. I'm still not sure which I like better or why.
    f7b47f7a99b05331706348ef768cf80d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I picked up these two beauties in Greenwood last week. I've been slacking lately so I want to start stepping up my bourbon hunting game.

View attachment 89726
    You can find both of those at kroger still if you hit them at the right time. Then only blantons I drink is straight from the barrel so I'll leave the regular if I see it, and I have a local store owner that offers it to me if I ever wanted it anyways.
    The eagle rare I do really like. You just cant go wrong with eagle rare. I've got a good stock of it.
    Congrats.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    You can find both of those at kroger still if you hit them at the right time. Then only blantons I drink is straight from the barrel so I'll leave the regular if I see it, and I have a local store owner that offers it to me if I ever wanted it anyways.
    The eagle rare I do really like. You just cant go wrong with eagle rare. I've got a good stock of it.
    Congrats.

How do you get your hands on the Straight from the Barrel? I've got a buddy in Australia who's bottles of the Straight from the Barrel, Gold Edition, and Special Reserve for me. I'm just trying to figure out how to get home here. Have never seen any Blantons at Kroger, have seen the tag for Eagle Rare though however not in stock. Meijer seems to have a pretty respectable selection.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I've got a buddy in Australia...

Hmmm... It's a long shot, but I'm looking for a bottle of ANY flavor Blanton's with the dump date of 5-6-2020, the day our first grandson was born.

I planned on getting such a bottle and putting it away until his 21st birthday. The problem is, after contacting the distillery, I was informed everything dumped that day went to Australia.:rolleyes:

So if your buddy came across such a bottle, I'd be VERY interested in it.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Hmmm... It's a long shot, but I'm looking for a bottle of ANY flavor Blanton's with the dump date of 5-6-2020, the day our first grandson was born.

I planned on getting such a bottle and putting it away until his 21st birthday. The problem is, after contacting the distillery, I was informed everything dumped that day went to Australia.:rolleyes:

I can ask him to keep an eye out. Unfortunately the bottles he bought for me and a friend were purchased before May 6th so it wouldn't be any of the ones he has.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

You ever see this site? https://www.blantonsdumpdate.com/69-2/ I see 5-5-2020 and 5-7-2020 on the registry, but no 5-6.

Man, you guys sure know your bourbon!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going to give a bad review of this bottle. Neat = yucky. A huge ice cube helped me finish the glass. Maybe in a mixed drink it would be ok because the blackberry was good. It tries to be a Blanton's but something about it fails miserably.
    e896532f94784fe10774d904a2c27878.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How do you get your hands on the Straight from the Barrel? I've got a buddy in Australia who's bottles of the Straight from the Barrel, Gold Edition, and Special Reserve for me. I'm just trying to figure out how to get home here. Have never seen any Blantons at Kroger, have seen the tag for Eagle Rare though however not in stock. Meijer seems to have a pretty respectable selection.
    I've even seen blantons at walmart.
    You have to have the sftb shipped into the country. They dont sell it in the U.S.
    The gold they just started selling here this year. But its limited.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    For a nice budget bourbon, try the new Benchmark iterations from Buffalo Trace. They have a bonded, a single barrel, a cask strength, and a “top floor.” I got the single barrel and it’s very good for $20-$25.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I'm going to give a bad review of this bottle. Neat = yucky. A huge ice cube helped me finish the glass. Maybe in a mixed drink it would be ok because the blackberry was good. It tries to be a Blanton's but something about it fails miserably.
    e896532f94784fe10774d904a2c27878.jpg

I really enjoy the Carl T, but it’s a totally different animal from Michter’s or Eagle Rare.

New Riff fits into the sweet-smooth category if that’s the direction your tastes run.

Bottoms up!

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Costco Merriville had a couple cases of bardstown fusion #2/#3 over the weekend for 50/btl. Best deal you're likely to get on a bourbon right now. Not limited per customer so may be gone but FYI.

Top Bottom