• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just saw this at my local liquor store for $16.99 and picked it up...Limited edition and a free t shirt...I had too....

DqR2mjkWwAYbYlU.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I liked the repeal batch.....Great T shirt and a good tasting bourbon for $16.99...

[h=1]Jim Beam Repeal Batch Aims To Take You Back To An Earlier Beam Time[/h]

a8515e767d1b94afc4ee080e3ad387ba

BOURBON

By Nino Marchetti / September 20, 2018

Tweet

Jim Beam, noted for being the world’s best selling bourbon, certainly doesn’t have to do much to move its products given its position in the market. The good folks at the distillery in Clermont, Kentucky still like to do some tinkering now and again though, as is evidenced by a new limited edition offering said to be tied to bourbon from the late 1930s just after Prohibition had ended.
    The new Jim Beam Repeal Batch, according to those behind it, was inspired by Beam bourbon in the late 1930s. How exactly it does this is a bit of a mystery, but what we do know is what’s in the bottle is aged four years, bottled at 86 proof and non-chill filtered in nature. It also sports a label inspired by post-Prohibition Jim Beam bottlings from the same era.
    jimbeam-repealbatch.jpg
    Jim Beam Repeal Batch (image via Beam-Suntory)
    “For the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of Repeal Day, we wanted to release a bourbon inspired by our heritage and dedicated to the hard work my great-grandfather put into rebuilding our family business after Prohibition,” said Fred Noe, Jim Beam’s seventh generation master distiller, in a prepared statement. “Jim Beam Repeal Batch pays tribute to all the generations of Beams that came before me.”
    Plans call for Jim Beam Repeal Batch to price around $18 per 750 ml bottle. Limited official tasting notes suggest “a bourbon with fuller mouthfeel and tasting notes that include char, oak and caramelized tones. It has a light amber color, with an aroma that carries oaky notes, balanced with light vanilla and a hint of brown spice.”
    Historically speaking, it is interesting to note that after a 13-year hiatus from the bourbon industry during Prohibition, and at nearly 70 years old, James B. Beam and his family are said to have rebuilt the distillery by hand in only 120 days.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by Kahn's since we were in the area. Asked about Blantons, they said they're getting some in November, but it's all going to their "club" members. Which sort of sucks for the average customer.

Picked up some "Bone Splitter" single barrel Rye for the wife, nice peppery taste.

Grabbed by annual bottle of Lagavulin 16 to celebrate the end of sober October with.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was shown a bottle of "Blantons Gold" over the weekend by a connoisseur.

Still sealed. He's waiting for a very special occasion to crack that one open. He also had a couple bottles of Blantons in his bar.

Speaking of...

Might be stopping by Family Leisure sometime soon and getting myself a bar. I'll have to throw a "stock the bar" party.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was in Russelville, KY a few weeks ago for a friend's funeral and we stopped in a small liquor store down there. They had a case full of Weller but wanted $100/bottle so I left without any.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was in Russelville, KY a few weeks ago for a friend's funeral and we stopped in a small liquor store down there. They had a case full of Weller but wanted $100/bottle so I left without any.

$27.99 is what I paid....This store doesn't jack up the price and she doesn't like "bourbon snobs" but will put it aside for "bourbon drinkers".....

There is a difference....:)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Over our $50 limit, but I picked up a bottle of the "TOASTED" Mitchners and a BTAC George T Stagg on Monday. Shop also had a BTAC Handy, but I've got that so I figured I wouldn't be selfish and take what I don't need. I'm sure it is long gone by now.

I spoke with the sales lady for the liquor distributor while I was in the store buying those and she is shipping in a bottle each of High West's MIDWINTER NIGHT'S DRAM and a 2018 limited YELLOWSTONE for me. Should arrive at the shop tomorrow. I'll be picking them up on Monday.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Over our $50 limit, but I picked up a bottle of the "TOASTED" Mitchners and a BTAC George T Stagg on Monday. Shop also had a BTAC Handy, but I've got that so I figured I wouldn't be selfish and take what I don't need. I'm sure it is long gone by now.

I spoke with the sales lady for the liquor distributor while I was in the store buying those and she is shipping in a bottle each of High West's MIDWINTER NIGHT'S DRAM and a 2018 limited YELLOWSTONE for me. Should arrive at the shop tomorrow. I'll be picking them up on Monday.

Little late but damn good score on the George T Stagg, still yet to be able to get a bottle directly from a store

Not as classy as that, but busted into a bottle of Belle Mead finished in cognac casks, it's not bad. Nice lingering flavor kinda like Boone County or OKI and initial flavor similar to Eagle Rare

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    Very nice BTAC pickup. Recently, I've been mostly drinking Scotch (Macallan 12 and Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask) and Japanese (Hibiki Toki) whisky recently, but I have a bottle of rare breed on hand as well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've recently finished up my Big House bourbon. And just last night I finished off my Dickel sour mash.

That means that I can finally break in to the Four Roses that I've had for exactly 1 year (birthday present for my 40th)!

We'll see if I can get that taken care of before I turn 42. HAH

Top Bottom