• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Down here 2 stores have a small stash of it. Weird that these 2 particular stores have anything unique - for lack of better words. I have yet to try it though :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Down here 2 stores have a small stash of it. Weird that these 2 particular stores have anything unique - for lack of better words. I have yet to try it though :(
    I've still not seen Makers Mark Cask Strength anywhere in northern Indiana. Another INGO member picked up a bottle for me at Binny's in Illinois. But I've not had a chance to try it. My local shop has been trying to order it but can't get it.

I have come to like the "Makers 46" It is very tasty...

Agreed.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Today was a good day at the liquor store for me. Found a bottle of the cask strength Makers Mark and also picked up a master distillers 2011 set from Woodford Reserve still on the shelf. If you average the price between the three bottles it was under $50 each. :) Cannot wait to get home tonight.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I like the NEW CASK RYE better than the AGED CASK RYE, but that is just my tastebuds talking. I have a bottle of the MM CASK STRENGTH but have yet to crack the seal.

Today I picked up an EAGLE RARE 10 and a PARKERS HERITAGE COLLECTION WHEAT WHISKEY.

Sipping on the EAGLE RARE now, its got good flavor but its very hot when sipping it neat. A few drops of water calmed it down considerably, but left the flavor to enjoy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just picked this up the other day. Very smooth. Found out it's made in lawrenceburg Indiana

I think most of the Rye Whiskey sold in the US is made at Midwest Grain Products in Lawrenceburg, IN. MGP was formerly a Segrams facility. They are one of, if not thee biggest distillers of Rye Whiskey, which is often distilled under specific recipies/contracts for many different brands. They also make a lot of the so-called 'craft' bourbons that are sold in the US too. Some are very good. Some not so much.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I got me a bottle that is probably the most rare Bourbon out there. Me thinks it's actually the last sealed one to be found. It's a private bottling of VanWinkle Lot B. Yup, I got a VanBlankle I've hung on to. Google it.

Years have come and gone and I no longer find myself consuming spirits. I think it's time for this bottle of ambrosia to find a new home... Anyone interested?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I got me a bottle that is probably the most rare Bourbon out there. Me thinks it's actually the last sealed one to be found. It's a private bottling of VanWinkle Lot B. Yup, I got a VanBlankle I've hung on to. Google it.

Years have come and gone and I no longer find myself consuming spirits. I think it's time for this bottle of ambrosia to find a new home... Anyone interested?

A quick search shows those going for anywhere between $300 - $700. That's some decent $$$. And I think some of those are newer bottles too.

3floydsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Highland

Surprise! Flashpuppy's inbox is full. Something tells me it's already gone!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Kinda off topic, but i just found out that Three Floyds is starting to age some of their beers in bourbon barrels... Do want.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Thi bottled in 2004. Only time its ever been bottled. This was a privately selected barrel and is regarded as the finest bourbon ever put into a bottle. If you google "vanblankle", it will come up. Check the first link, it was a sampling from last year. I can grab a picture of it tonight.

And.... I cleared my inbox. Sorry.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd love to have that bottle but there is no way I could afford it. Someone is going to be very happy, I'll have to stick with my $30-$50 bottles.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    A quick search shows those going for anywhere between $300 - $700. That's some decent $$$. And I think some of those are newer bottles too.

the risk with that brand name is it has risen in price so high & fast that if you are not totally sure of the chain of custody there is a risk of counterfeit goods..Plus a large amount was stolen from the warehouse last year..

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I tried some 1792 Ridgemont Reserve last night and found it rather unremarkable. Not bad by any means but I would have been just as happy with a bottle of Jim Beam at half the cost.

Top Bottom