• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    77 for Ocean? I paid 100 each for 2 bottles around here :( It is very good - unique flavor.

Fenway, if we bump the 25 up 5 bucks, Eagle Rare. At 25 and lower, I'd buy the biggest bottle I could of Makers Mark.
    I didn't reLize that was such a good price. Thank you.
    I very much agree with the makers mark as the best value for $25 or less. I'd even take it up to the $30 mark. For the consistent and fantastic flavor, makers mark is in my top 5.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I didn't reLize that was such a good price. Thank you.
    I very much agree with the makers mark as the best value for $25 or less. I'd even take it up to the $30 mark. For the consistent and fantastic flavor, makers mark is in my top 5.
    You can get 1.75L of Maker's at Costco for $43!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I won't say what I paid for my first bottle of Ocean. Was before I heard there was a second or 3rd voyage. :(
    A lot huh? I am excited do try it. Can't tonight but I will this week. From what everyone is saying I hope I really do like it and am not let down. I know we all have different tastes. And I'm by far a newbie in this arena. I always used to drink just mostly Jack Daniels single barrel only because I liked the taste and it was potent. Now I've grown older and my tatste has changed and Im not in it for the buz.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I can't wait for some warmer spring weather to head back down to Kentucky. I haven't been to Buffalo Trace or Wild Turkey, so those are on the list.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A lot huh? I am excited do try it. Can't tonight but I will this week. From what everyone is saying I hope I really do like it and am not let down. I know we all have different tastes. And I'm by far a newbie in this arena. I always used to drink just mostly Jack Daniels single barrel only because I liked the taste and it was potent. Now I've grown older and my tatste has changed and Im not in it for the buz.

Voyage 2 is the best bourbon ever produced. I said so. Therefore it is true.
    Voyage 3 is OK, not great, but drinkable, a little hot, not as salty. Glad I have it, but wouldn't pay a premium for it.
    Voyage 4 is damn good stuff. Almost as good as Voyage 2. I said so. Therefore it is true.

Of course, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it :cool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Look at the tag on the collar. Google VanBlanke and see what you find.

I see it starting at about $200 a bottle, which on the secondary market is on the lower end of the spectrum, asking prices exceeding $400 are easy to find, but I doubt many buyers will actually pay that sort of price.

I've seen Jefferson's OCEAN Voyage 2 at $350 a bottle, but I bought 2 bottles at $80 each.

So there can be a big difference between asking and actual sales prices. Just like asking prices on guns and 22lr ammo.

Not saying you won't find someone to pay a wild price, you may. But 12 year old is the youngest of the Pappy offerings, I can't see paying 23 year old prices for an aged 12 bourbon. But that is just me.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm looking forward to trying the Russell's reserve. Also backbone.
    Thanks for all the great reviews in this thread guys. Once I can sit down and crack open some of these ill post up some of my own. I don't drink a lot at all (just started again period) so the thing that worries me is a bottle going bad before I have a chance to drink It all. Not really 'bad' but lose potency and flavor. I'm very open to sharing if we had some sort of Indy INGO bourbon meetup.

Would there be any imterest in an INGO Bourbon tour in KY.

Both of those sound like great ideas! So long as no one minds the company of a young 24 y/o guy like myself.

I've yet to grow older, but I'm the same way. Sometimes I wish bourbon wasn't so high in proof. I find myself wanting to drink more of it, but without going past a slight buzz.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NOT under $50. Actually right at double that price.

And technically NOT even Bourbon.

Tonight I'm sipping on the limited 2014 release (comes out once a year) Parker's Heritage 13 yo Wheat Whiskey, which was one of the nominees for Whiskey of the Year award. 127+ proof. But so darn smooth. Just a hint of spice to it, the wheat tends to make it sweeter than spicy. Very little alcohol burn, despite the high proof. The finish is long, but not hot. I can see why this is so highly ranked. This is special stuff.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I see it starting at about $200 a bottle, which on the secondary market is on the lower end of the spectrum, asking prices exceeding $400 are easy to find, but I doubt many buyers will actually pay that sort of price.

I've seen Jefferson's OCEAN Voyage 2 at $350 a bottle, but I bought 2 bottles at $80 each.

So there can be a big difference between asking and actual sales prices. Just like asking prices on guns and 22lr ammo.

Not saying you won't find someone to pay a wild price, you may. But 12 year old is the youngest of the Pappy offerings, I can't see paying 23 year old prices for an aged 12 bourbon. But that is just me.

Yeah... but it was 12 year from SW. The barrel was one of Julian's "held" barrels.

In either case, it is gone. I got in touch with the original owner and we came to an agreement. It's now on it's way back to Texas. FWIW, if you ever see one of these somewhere with the neck label and a $400 price, I'd guarantee you can at least triple your money with a phone call.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would REALLY LIKE A COUPLE BOTTLES OF THE MAKERS MARK CASK STRENGTH IF ANYONE CAN HELP OUT. (Sorry all caps accident)
    found a couple sets of the woodford reserve masters collection aged cask rye and new cask rye. I bought all they had. I have had these before and was very impressed. Works out to just over $50 per 375ml bottle.

If anyone wants to trade something similar in value for a box set of this woodford above just let me know. I got 2 sets because it's not easy to find (made 2011).

Top Bottom