• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Picked this up Friday. Right next to it was a little sign that said "Ask us about our other premium bourbons - Jefferson's Ocean - $79.99, and Jefferson's Manhattan - $49.99.

Ocean looks like a great price compared to prices here in Indy. Seems we are stuck at 99.99. Manhattan seems a little high, I think I found it for around 40-45 (I could be wrong though.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Picked this up Friday. Right next to it was a little sign that said "Ask us about our other premium bourbons - Jefferson's Ocean - $79.99, and Jefferson's Manhattan - $49.99.

Ocean looks like a great price compared to prices here in Indy. Seems we are stuck at 99.99. Manhattan seems a little high, I think I found it for around 40-45 (I could be wrong though.)

Basil Hayden is one of my favorites. Tastes like a top-shelf bourbon without breaking the bank

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Had some small samplings from Journeyman Spirits out of Michigan at today's charity event. Featherbone Bourbon was one of their offerings. Smooth and slightly sweet. Since the offering was small, several spirits were sampled, and large quantities of food and various drinks were consumed, I can't give it a fair review. Kind of reminded me of a budget bourbon taste, not a budget sticker price. FWIW: I'd be up for trying it again, but wouldn't go out of my way.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    seems like I saw a bottle for 79.99 at the corner of keystone and hanna at 21st amendment. Definitely call before going on my word, but I could have sworn it was 79.99

dccrpet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I drink Bookers. I know its not under 50 bucks in Our Hoosier State. In FT Wayne its 60-plus. I more often then not google search for the cheapest price. You can get it shipped for around 40-45 bucks from out of state. Best price i have got was 36 per bottle, free shipping when i buy 6 at a time. Makers 46 is also very good & under 50 bucks.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have been experimenting with different Bourbons as of late. Here are my personal favorites, Russell's Reserve, Even Williams Single Barrel (new favorite), Wild Turkey 101 is more of a shooting bourbon rather than a sipping bourbon. I am really wanting to try some Elijah Craig small batch and Buffalo Trace. I am Gentleman Jack drinker so Russell's Reserve and Even Williams single barrel are my top choices so far.

I have tried Knob Creek, Marker's Mark, Woodford Reserve but really didn't care for them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had some small samplings from Journeyman Spirits out of Michigan at today's charity event. Featherbone Bourbon was one of their offerings. Smooth and slightly sweet. Since the offering was small, several spirits were sampled, and large quantities of food and various drinks were consumed, I can't give it a fair review. Kind of reminded me of a budget bourbon taste, not a budget sticker price. FWIW: I'd be up for trying it again, but wouldn't go out of my way.
    We had a taste test of the Journeyman's Featherbone Bourbon about 2 years ago. It was unanimously rated in LAST place of all the bourbons we tried that day. I generally rank it down there with swill and swamp water. Suitable only for serving to tax collectors & mother-in-laws.

I drink Bookers. I know its not under 50 bucks in Our Hoosier State. In FT Wayne its 60-plus. I more often then not google search for the cheapest price. You can get it shipped for around 40-45 bucks from out of state. Best price i have got was 36 per bottle, free shipping when i buy 6 at a time. Makers 46 is also very good & under 50 bucks.
    LOVE BOOKERS!

I have been experimenting with different Bourbons as of late. Here are my personal favorites, Russell's Reserve, Even Williams Single Barrel (new favorite), Wild Turkey 101 is more of a shooting bourbon rather than a sipping bourbon. I am really wanting to try some Elijah Craig small batch and Buffalo Trace. I am Gentleman Jack drinker so Russell's Reserve and Even Williams single barrel are my top choices so far.

I have tried Knob Creek, Marker's Mark, Woodford Reserve but really didn't care for them.
    I like Knob Creek and Maker's Mark but dislike Woodford Reserve.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I am a big fan of the Elijah Craig Small batch. Its a very good bourbon, and really good on ice with a splash of water. It is one of the bourbon's I always try to keep on hand. I also have a bottle of Russel's 10 and really enjoy it.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Meijer's stores in the southern end of the state seem to have big sale going on right now on a lot of their liquor. The tags seem to indicate the sales run til 04/02. Blantons, Makers, Woodford, Basil Hayden, as well as their scotches JW black, double black, platinum and Mcallan 12 & 15 yr. Thought I would spead the word around. Prices can be seen on their website.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meijer's stores in the southern end of the state seem to have big sale going on right now on a lot of their liquor. The tags seem to indicate the sales run til 04/02. Blantons, Makers, Woodford, Basil Hayden, as well as their scotches JW black, double black, platinum and Mcallan 12 & 15 yr. Thought I would spead the word around. Prices can be seen on their website.

I was in Meijer in the N.W. corner of Indiana a few days ago. Jefferson's Reserve was $10 below any other store around this area ($44) and other bourbons were also offered at similar discounts.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Give Wild Turkey Rare Breed a try, it's good stuff.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just wrote a paper on Buffalo Trace, an analysis of their marketing campaign.

Naturally, I had to buy a bottle and sample for to determine the veracity of the claims. I also picked up a bottle of their brand Eagle Rare, which is aged 10 years.

I got together with a friend this past weekend to get a second opinion, and of course it was a good excuse to get together to sample bourbons.

The Buffalo Trace runs about $23 at Walgreens, ant the the Eagle Rare was about $35 at Belmont Beverages. We both noticed that the Buffalo Trace burns more going down, while the Eagle Rare burns more in the mouth but is extremely smooth going down.

We both preferred the Buffalo Trace although both are extremely good bourbons. For the price I would heartily recommend both.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom