• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Teepee Creeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2019
    Clermont
    You do know distillery’s only barrel and blend.
    The “base” food grade ethanol comes from moonshine factoriesie I.e.CentralIndiana Ethanol.
    Everyday 16000 Gal is waiting for Suntory-Beam
    at the off load area in Frankfort Ky. Say Knob Creek,
    Bookers, and Hayden’s!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The “base” food grade ethanol comes from moonshine factoriesie I.e.CentralIndiana Ethanol.
    Bookers, and Hayden’s!

There are plenty of distilleries that still distill. Some even do it for competitors based on capacity. Some buy it already in bourbon form from MGP in Lawrenceburg.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bookers, and Hayden’s!

Some do, some don't. Buffalo trace as an example distills their own. Some don't barrel or blend, they send the recipe they want made to a distiller who makes it, barrels, ages, then ships it to the company to bottle.

There are plenty of distilleries that still distill. Some even do it for competitors based on capacity. Some buy it already in bourbon form from MGP in Lawrenceburg.

Yep,

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trying to find the Lagavulin 11 year "Offerman Edition"

Not even sure when it's supposed to release, but seeing videos of people that have it. Please let me know if you spot it somewhere, haven't seen it at any liquor stores yet

236814-big.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    VERY OLD ST NICK Cask Strength Summer Rye is out ... get it while you can, most bigger stores are getting between 1 and 3 bottles! They have several fine offerings and any/all are worth buying! Bourbons and Ryes.

RARE PERFECTION 14 Year (100.7 proof) and RARE PERFECTION 15 Year (119.4 proof) have both hit the stores. If you can only buy 1 of those, opt for the 15 year, it is the better of the 2 choices. Both are "Canadian style whisky" but come from Bardstown, KY.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    ~$30 & liking this stuff a whole lot! 103 proof so not too sweet. Just the right brown sugar and cinnamon balance.
    12914f5c176504658a1620d059f87bb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't posted in here in awhile. I've been on a bourbon hiatus, it started giving me hangovers :(

I did recently add something to the bourbon cabinet that I'm pretty excited about, can anyone guess?

gl4hvFoh.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ok, so, don't laugh. But this stuff doesn't suck...

adKg2JRl.jpg

At $30 a bottle, it's at least worth having around for any company you might have that don't adequately appreciate the good stuff.:yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, so, don't laugh. But this stuff doesn't suck...

It shouldn't! Because Kirkland actually uses big-name distilleries for their products. Their Vodka is pretty much Grey Goose, Bourbon is made by Jim Beam (who obviously makes a lot of different bourbons), Scotch by Alexander Murray and Macallan, etc.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    VERY OLD ST NICK Cask Strength Summer Rye is out ... get it while you can, most bigger stores are getting between 1 and 3 bottles! They have several fine offerings and any/all are worth buying! Bourbons and Ryes.

RARE PERFECTION 14 Year (100.7 proof) and RARE PERFECTION 15 Year (119.4 proof) have both hit the stores. If you can only buy 1 of those, opt for the 15 year, it is the better of the 2 choices. Both are "Canadian style whisky" but come from Bardstown, KY.
    I found afew of them. Stocked up.
    Still haven't found a pappy for retail or even close to reasonable.

Phylodog congrats on the pappy! That cabinet looks sweet! Love the personalized barrel on top too.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Haven't posted in here in awhile. I've been on a bourbon hiatus, it started giving me hangovers :(

I did recently add something to the bourbon cabinet that I'm pretty excited about, can anyone guess?

gl4hvFoh.jpg

OK, I have to ask...what's the deal with the slingshot in the cabinet?

And does it have any relation to the broken glass in the cabinet door? :):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It was my Grandfather's, IIRC he made it when he was a kid and he was good with it. The bourbon cabinet is really the only place in the house I have to display anything and even it is in the laundry room lol. I know it won't get broken or misplaced in the cabinet plus it's nice to think of him every time I open it (even though Grandma wouldn't let him drink :):).

Top Bottom