• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll but it, and I'm right here in Fort Wayne. No shipping! In the market for 9 mm, .308, .223, and the off chance of any Boxer 7.62x39 and 7.62x54.

Where were you when I needed you!! :dunno:

Next time I will ask before I sell it. I sat on that 34lbs of brass (mostly 9mm and .223) for close to a year with no takers, and no one showing any interest. As I said above, at least four gun shows, and the only offer I got was wash it and he would consider it.

Next time, Spencer!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OK, next time I will ask here BEFORE taking a trip to the scrap dealer. Good to know there is a market.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading-supplies/395499-9mm-223-brass.html

The reason it didn't sell was because you were asking too much. Unclean 9mm is only selling for about 2 cents apiece. Scrap price at $0.95 was just under a penny each. Personally for $32 I would have given it away before scrapping it. But in the future I am sure there is somebody local who would pick it up for more then scrap price.

If anybody around Seymour is in a similar situation let me know. I will pay better then the scrap yard. You don't even need to sort or clean it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading-supplies/395499-9mm-223-brass.html

The reason it didn't sell was because you were asking too much. Unclean 9mm is only selling for about 2 cents apiece. Scrap price at $0.95 was just under a penny each. Personally for $32 I would have given it away before scrapping it. But in the future I am sure there is somebody local who would pick it up for more then scrap price.

If anybody around Seymour is in a similar situation let me know. I will pay better then the scrap yard. You don't even need to sort or clean it.

Unless I read it wrong, it was only listed for two days?

A lot of us wait for non-competitively priced classified adds to come down in price as the seller realizes it through the lack of activity. :dunno:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If you want brass start at your metal buyer. Mine gets it in by the trailer load from state owned ranges near by. My range tosses it in the dumpster.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Hearing a story about reloadable brass going to the recycler makes me :(. I reload 9mm, 45 and 38 spl. The rest I sort out and give away. Except .380, I hate .380 brass because no matter how much sorting I do it still ends up in my making it to the second station on my press. By that time it already cost me a primer.

If you take the broader view, taking it to the recycler it just "reloading" on a larger scale.

New brass can be made from melted and recycled old cartridge brass. And if I had to choose between reusing it myself, or letting industry sort it out and buying from Starline, I'd choose the latter....

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You could always bring it to us. We are a manufacturer and either can buy it, trade you ammo for it, or load it up for you.

Top Bottom