• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Once again I find myself looking for suppressor info. I have 1 rim fire can in jail right now, and would like to go ahead and pickup one for 9mm as well. I don't have any buddies who have cans so all I can do is read reviews and that only goes so far. So I would like to ask you fellas which 9mm can should I go with!!! Hahaha
    I will be using this on a G17 and a 9mm SBR build I will be doing. I have a budget of $800 including stamp so around $600 for the can.
    im not sure what all brands the shop I usually deal with can aquire,but I plan on going this weekend and talking to him.
    So any insight would definitely be appreciated.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I would look into the Octane 45 K. 9mm through it has the same db rating as through an Octane 9. I saw one today at my local shop for $599. I don't have any first hand experience with this can but Silencerco makes some good stuff.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd second going for a .45 can. It gives you the most versatility. I have an Osprey .45 and it sounds about the same running 9mm subsonic as my Huntertown Guardian 9.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    How do you like that huntertown can? I would actually consider one of those for the price if it were all steel inside.

The Guardian 9 is okay. It does a decent job suppressing 9mm subsonic (or even supersonic). But I can't say I'm a fan of the customer service from Huntertown. Huntertown also told me it wasn't rated for .300BLK subsonic either (luckily, my Silencerco Osprey 45 was).

Would I buy one again? Probably not. But, it was certainly a heck of a lot cheaper than some other options.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    How do you like that huntertown can? I would actually consider one of those for the price if it were all steel inside.

I like mine, but its my only can so far. I have only shot a few others a few years back, but nothing stands out to my untrained ear as a difference in sound. I am happy with mine but I have only had it for a year or so.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Russet_Potato.jpg

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    All you need is a drill/drill press and a bench vise. The process is pretty simple. SD Tactical has a support forum with how to's and youtube videos on how to do it. When my form 1 comes back, I will do a pictorial how to.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I have a guardian 9, and a threaded barrel for my xd. If that's what every 9mm suppressor sounds like, I don't ever want another one. It just sits on the shelf now or on one of my .22 hosts. It does decent on my hi-point 995, but it makes the recoil feel like a shotgun.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have a guardian 9, and a threaded barrel for my xd. If that's what every 9mm suppressor sounds like, I don't ever want another one. It just sits on the shelf now or on one of my .22 hosts. It does decent on my hi-point 995, but it makes the recoil feel like a shotgun.

Please don't judge suppressors based on that can. I have an Octane 9 and it quiets even supersonic rounds, though it shines with subsonic, and I feel like it reduces felt recoil on my M&P 9mm and my MP5.

I'lltakethree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Claypool
    I do not understand the hate towards the guardian 9! I have one and I love it! Now I've never heard a silencerco can, but did you really think you were going to get $900 performance from a $300 can? It's not comparing apples to apples...

Top Bottom