• ...and so much more!
  • noop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    San Jose
    All,
    It would be cool to run either Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon red dot sights on everything but that would get kind of expensive. What is the best option other than those brands?
    I created a poll to see what the group consensus is. I included the following:
    a) Bushnell TRS 25, b) Vortex Sparc, c) Vortex Strikefire, d) Primary arms microdot, e) Primary arm classic, f) Burris speeddot, g) Truglo xtreme red dot h)BSA (are BSA/truglo worthy?) i) ultradot
    Poll can be found here:

https://app.ixsium.com/shared/poll/53e279510fb8c90800a1f7b9?q=best-budget-29-197-red-dot-sight&src=link

All of the items above cost between $29 and $197. I included images and srteet prices for each item

Am I missing any obvious choices in that price range?

noop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    San Jose
    The TRS 25 is surprisingly popular.
    I was not aware that polls could be created via the forum. Lesson learned.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What are you going to use it for? I have a wide range of dots on my guns, it all depends on the use. For my Steel gun, Ruger MKIII with a cheap truglo dot. Going strong for over a year, but if the dot break all I miss is a steel target. Would I put a truglo dot on my HD gun .. heck NO.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    The Bangswitch guys (fellow Hoosiers I believe) did a really great comparison and review here:

?Budget? Red Dot Sight Comparison ? Part 1 | The Bang Switch

Also, Military Arms Channel on Youtube (same folks from the Bangswitch) did a 'shop talk' episode called 'affordable optics' which may be helpful.

Long story short is that the Bushnell TRS25 does very well. I have one and I like it, but I have very little experience with it thus far.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I don't have experience with most on the list so I can't say what's best, but I have a Vortex Sparc and like it a lot. I'd buy another one.

Top Bottom