• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I just noticed a sale on the Konus 20-60x80. Midway has them for 250 bucks. I don't sell them, but it is by far the best and only option that should be considered in that price range.

Just a friendly heads up.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I paid over $300 in 2010 for that scope. It was a good deal at that price, better deal now. The scope has really good optics. The only thing that returned me to KOWA is the optional long eye relief eye piece from KOWA that makes it easier to stay in position with the rifle and still be able to check the spotting scope out of the corner of your opposite eye.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I paid over $300 in 2010 for that scope. It was a good deal at that price, better deal now. The scope has really good optics. The only thing that returned me to KOWA is the optional long eye relief eye piece from KOWA that makes it easier to stay in position with the rifle and still be able to check the spotting scope out of the corner of your opposite eye.

I bought one in 2007ish. I paid over 300, so when I got the email from midway I thought it was a good deal. I really haven't followed their prices, but know for a fact its the best money that can be spent on a spotter in that price range (espicially the 200 dollar price range)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Yeah, Amazon buys enough bulk and has enough third party suppliers now that they can pretty much outstrip anyone on price on just about anything. That's why I feel it's so important to support local small business. Amazon could put them all under without a second thought and completely without actual effort, which means it will take the effort of the consumer to keep small business owners afloat more and more going into the future. How can someone that relies on charging a fair and competitive price compete with a company that can support itself by making less than a penny on the dollar because so many people use them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Alan, why did Vortex drop the Nomad 20-60x60? I picked up one of those for ~$220 clearanced from Cabela's a while back. Glass is as good as that Konus. I think they were selling in the $350-$400 range new. I don't think Vortex sells anything in that same price range now.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alan, why did Vortex drop the Nomad 20-60x60? I picked up one of those for ~$220 clearanced from Cabela's a while back. Glass is as good as that Konus. I think they were selling in the $350-$400 range new. I don't think Vortex sells anything in that same price range now.

They dont. There cheapest spotter now is 399. As far as why they dropped it I'm not sure. To be honest I only sell 30ish spotters a year, so I don't get as deep into why they do what they do on them. The Nomad has better glass than the Konus I linked, and at 220 they were a steel. I cant remember what the normal price on them was now. ANYTIME vortex discontinue's something its a no brainier home run. Its very rare someone produces a better return on investment than the Vortex, so when they are discontinued, and price drops 15-20% act fast.

Top Bottom