• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No personal experience, but the books I've read say 124gr supersonic loads work best from an expansion point of view.

I've also read reloading defense rounds for carry use (verus range practice) is iffy. If you end up in court, and GSR is important to your case, your 'custom' loads won't be allowed as evidence. The results of a test with the factory rounds will be used instead. The books also say opposing council may try arguing that you maliciously loaded your own to make it extra deadly. I hope no one is ever in court from using their weapon, but I'd prefer not to give opposing council more ammo against me (Pardon the pun). Again, no personal experience. I haven't begun reloading and have only shot 115gr FMJ at the range. I've been reading a lot while waiting for my LTCH.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I only use factory rounds for defenese. No need to give the bad guys attorney to twist the fact that you used hmemade ammo to do more damage or whatever BS they would come up with. Right now I have 124 gr Golden Saber in mine.

xtremegunnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    +1 for 124. I have a load (5.6 grain of unique behind 124) that goes right under 1200 fps and has never shown any pressure signs

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    I like 147s - in my subs and full size. One size round, and shoot enough of them out of each firearm to understand the how the subs vs full size handle them. I just like the higher grain for transfer of energy.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    I'm a big .124 grain fan for 9mm bullets. I myslef would recommend that you do not use reloads for your self defense ammo. Buy some Speer GDHP 124's for defense and then work up a comparable .124 grain reload for practice.

Top Bottom