• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You should change that tonite... just for the experience. Get a six sack and see if you can make it home before you poop your pants.

QFT... Slides in - slides out even faster....

The two best burgers/heart attacks have not been mentioned - because you can't get 'em in Indiana... In N Out and the Hat (burger with homeade pastrami heart attack joint in Southern California...) In N Out is expanding this way - so sooner or later y'all will get a shot at them. I doubt that the Hat ever will. But if you are in So Cal - look it up. And have your cardiologist on speed dial.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

The two best burgers/heart attacks have not been mentioned - because you can't get 'em in Indiana... In N Out and the Hat (burger with homeade pastrami heart attack joint in Southern California...) In N Out is expanding this way - so sooner or later y'all will get a shot at them. I doubt that the Hat ever will. But if you are in So Cal - look it up. And have your cardiologist on speed dial.

In N Out is good, and the menu is about as simplistic as you can get. To be honest though, I've seen some of the drive thru lanes out there backed up around the block and it's just not THAT good.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My son came back from Californistan raving about In-N-Out. I think the blighter would move out there just to get to it. I was hoping someone would mention the elk burger at Bub's, that's what I get there. Folks, they have the "big ugly" which is a whole pound, I think after cooking. If you can finish one, you get your picture on the wall. Finish two, and it's a double size picture. Three and it's poster sized. I think the Man vs Food guy was trying for four. Damn. I'm lucky to get a quarter pound one down.

I've been toying with the idea of an oscar burger. Some top end dead cow, still bleeding, asparagus and crab, and smother it with bearnaise sauce. Filets are good that way, should work for a burger.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

The Hat! That big ole pastrami sandwich and a bigger bag of greasy fries.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    We just got one here in Evansville several monthas ago. I will have to try it. If you like Pizza. Try "the slice" (Lincoln and Weinbach). 1.50 for a one topping. On the go, it's not too bad. Just a little hole in the wall.
    Ive been there a couple time when I went to UE for the summer. Also chicago pizza in french lick is good. the best was patoka pizza till they closed. the best burger has to be jenny's dinner as it seems boarder of ky works.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Not quite in Indiana, but just over the border into Michigan - Redemack's in New Buffalo is FANTASTIC. You haven't had a burger until you've had a Redemack's burger. If you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and stop there. It may spoil burgers for you for the rest of your life but you will taste a small piece of heaven.

Haven't had the pleasure myself, but Redemack's is listed by AHT (A Hamburger Today, foodie review site devoted to hamburgers) as one of the top ten burgers in the country...

Farscape

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Squealers has great burgers and even better BBQ. Marvin's has good garlic burgers. I haven't been impressed with Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I like In N Out burgers and Fudruckers, they both put out a good burger but I think what makes people out here remember them as being a little better than what they actually are is because you can't get them here. I remember back when you couldn't get Coors beer out here. If someone was going out west and could bring you some back you were really the cool guy at the next party.But now Coors is just another beer.
    Then there is Jack In The Box tacos. It isn't because I can't get them here, I love that crunchy shell around the edges and spicy and greasy in the middle, yumm. I am not sure how far I would have to go for a Jack in The Box taco but they are great.
    A great burger that I remember was at Johnny Rockets in Laguna Beach Ca. I don't know if they are a chain or how large they are. It is a 50s style diner with juke boxes at the tables and awesome burgers. I would have to say they have the best burger I have ever had.
    Now the best burger that I have had in Indiana would be the trackmaster at the Side Track Saloon is Lowell. 1/3rd pound ground chuck topped with thick slice of hard salami and whatever fixins you want.

Last edited:

Farscape

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Johnny Rockets - 2 in Indy, 1 in Greenwood, 1 in Anderson

A great burger that I remember was at Johnny Rockets in Laguna Beach Ca. I don't know if they are a chain or how large they are. It is a 50s style diner with juke boxes at the tables and awesome burgers. I would have to say they have the best burger I have ever had.
    Now the best burger that I have had in Indiana would be the trackmaster at the Side Track Saloon is Lowell. 1/3rd pound ground chuck topped with thick slice of hard salami and whatever fixins you want.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    White Castle.
    Hey you can't beat a good Steam grilled White Castle with lots of onions on them. Ummm good. Worked ther 2 years as a teen ager, met my wife of 33 years there. And my father-in-law retired from there after nearly 40 years. Trouble is there are only a few Castles in town that really know how to make them right! There is an art to doing it correctly! Haven't had one in a while, hope they still have the jalpeno pepper cheese! Gonna go there tomorrow and get me a sack!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not meaning to Hijack the thread. But I wish we could get El Pollo Loco & Taco Cabana here in Indy. El Pollo is out of California, and Taco Cabana is out of Texas. There used to be a Taco Cabana in FT Wayne not sure it's still there though. I did hear Jack-in the-Box is copmming to Indy never had one of theirs before.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hey you can't beat a good Steam grilled White Castle with lots of onions on them. Ummm good. Worked ther 2 years as a teen ager, met my wife of 33 years there. And my father-in-law retired from there after nearly 40 years. Trouble is there are only a few Castles in town that really know how to make them right! There is an art to doing it correctly! Haven't had one in a while, hope they still have the jalpeno pepper cheese! Gonna go there tomorrow and get me a sack!
    The one in new albany still has that cheese and makes a pretty good one to my standards but not as good as krystal

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Not quite in Indiana, but just over the border into Michigan - Redemack's in New Buffalo is FANTASTIC. You haven't had a burger until you've had a Redemack's burger. If you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and stop there. It may spoil burgers for you for the rest of your life but you will taste a small piece of heaven.

I love Redemak's! It's only about 45 min drive from me so the wife and I will go eat there once in a while. They do have one of the best burgers!

As a local favorite i like a burger from a bar and grill called Sementos, it's in Valparaiso.

For a chain or fast food burger I love to get White Castles!

Top Bottom