• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am a very large guy, I carry all my guns in my pocket with a pocket holster that I ordered on Ebay from the daltech force store. I got the first on in black and liked it so much I order another on for a large gun in black. I have been very happy with this holster. When I sit down I don't even feel the gun. I am about 300 lbs and this has been great for me.

I'm also a big guy (over 3 bills), and I find it really comfortable wearing OWB. I have a snubie in a leather pancake holster on, as others do, a Daltech Super Bio Belt. Even my family doesn't notice I'm carrying.

Dudes, 300 lbs isn't "very large" unless you're under 5' tall.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Right?!?

I'd be ecstatic to see 300 again.

I haven't been below 300 since I was 13.

I am, however, significantly more svelte at this juncture than I was in high school. I'm at my 14-15 year old weight and about four inches taller.

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Its difficult for me to carry now due to my job, but I'm well over 3 bills, 6'7" and did the pocket carry in the past with an XDs. I also had a Crossbreed-style (Old Faithful brand) and that worked well in the 5 o'clock position. I agree with everyone that the belt makes all the difference. My biggest IWB issue tends to be not all my shirts are long enough... Good luck

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on personal experience, I'm confident my 6'7" and 365 qualifies me for the "very large human" category lol

You're tall and perhaps husky. You'd have to go over 550 or maybe 600 to be very large at that height.

Well, then I guess I'm just "large" on the verge of being "very large"! :cool:

Accepted!

I transitioned from very large back to large a couple of years ago. In 1994, I was extra hefty at 5'10" and over 650#.

You guys make me feel llike a little feller.

Well, you are a little fella if you identify as a little fella.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Look at some 9mm options for pocket carry. They're getting smaller and smaller. With some pairs of pants my glock 43 fits great in a pocket.

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    I am 6'3" 290lb, I too carry an LCP in my pocket with a pocket holster. Sometimes I do carry a compact 9mm on IWB, which I like as well. I think if you are comfortable with the LCP in your pocket, then you should stick with it. Plenty of firepower if you need it, and if you like it who cares what anyone else thinks.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I'm just a medium build guy, 6'2" / 235. I carried a Stainless steel Colt Double Eagle 45ACP for many years using an Uncle Mike ITB holster at 6 O'clock. About 3~4 years ago it became painful due to arthritis of my spine. I finally opted for a Kimber Solo in 9mm, I didn't think 9's had enough stopping power for several years but believe the new +P+ police loads are pretty effective now. I carry it in a Galco ITB holster at about 3 o'clock and have found the Galco holster to be quite comfortable. Prior to trying out the Galco, I had tried out other holsters that didn't please me. The Solo is a sub-mini, just about the same size as most .380's and is designed to be used with High power loads only. I found mine to be very accurate and easy to draw and use.

Top Bottom