• Total voters

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know a young family that is going to relocate. I thought the wisdom here might be helpful. The criteria are reasonable housing costs, reasonable utilities, reasonable taxes, low crime, good police, best schools. I'll also throw in decent commute to Louisville.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I've heard that Georgetown has very high sewer fees.

:):
    Ya ought'a listen to'em b**ch down in Jeff......:):

if not fer Louisville commute.....I'd say Brown County.....:yesway:......BUT.....be'n ya did......I'd say anywheres thru the 150 corridor.........

I could live in'a Knobs purty easy......all'a my kinfolk on Mom's side from up in'ere.......

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Floyds knobs is definitely the "highest" class of those cities. So it may have the highest taxes. But the knobs, Greenville, and Georgetown all use the same high school, Floyd central. One if the bet public schools in the state. I voted for Greenville because it's quieter than the Knobs, has great schools, and it is a clean area. The Knobs may be the best when it comes to commute, and having a lot of kids in the area if your friends family's kids to meet and play with

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Floyds knobs is definitely the "highest" class of those cities. So it may have the highest taxes. But the knobs, Greenville, and Georgetown all use the same high school, Floyd central. One if the bet public schools in the state. I voted for Greenville because it's quieter than the Knobs, has great schools, and it is a clean area. The Knobs may be the best when it comes to commute, and having a lot of kids in the area if your friends family's kids to meet and play with
    The only drawback to the Knobs is that there seem to be a lot of burglaries.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    DEEP South? Aren't all the poll choices in Indiana?:dunno:

Of course one time I was asked where my accent came from and I said down south, to which the interogator replied "Hmph, Evansville. . .I shoulda know".

Uh no, just a tad further than that!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    DEEP South? Aren't all the poll choices in Indiana?:dunno:

Of course one time I was asked where my accent came from and I said down south, to which the interogator replied "Hmph, Evansville. . .I shoulda know".

Uh no, just a tad further than that!
    The first mistake was giving the interrogator more information than your name, rank and serial number.:):

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Floyd Knobs (aka Floyd Snobs) is nice but can be pricey and I wouldn't want to live on that hill in the winter. The commute to Louisville is pretty good from there once you get off the hill. Floyd Central is usually considered a good school. Some of the towns along that stretch have had high sewer bills.

If you consider the new East End bridge (now actually being constructed after 50 years of discussion and fighting) then somewhere in Clark County near SR 265 might be a better commute in the future.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    KellyInAvon - nobody but me, dewidmt, and GFGT on here know where those two particular cities are...

One notable one that was left off the list is Charlestown. Very reasonable commute. I happen to know the mayor - good guy. While I like living out further... If I someone was asking for a good "bedroom community" Charlestown, Greenville (agree with Lammchop on this) and Sellersburg would likely make the short list.

Slawburger - agree on 265 issue - makes Charlestown that much of a better pick for the future.

Top Bottom