• Total voters

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Floyd Knobs (aka Floyd Snobs) is nice but can be pricey and I wouldn't want to live on that hill in the winter. The commute to Louisville is pretty good from there once you get off the hill. Floyd Central is usually considered a good school. Some of the towns along that stretch have had high sewer bills.

If you consider the new East End bridge (now actually being constructed after 50 years of discussion and fighting) then somewhere in Clark County near SR 265 might be a better commute in the future.
    Very good point about Charlestown, with the new bridge on the distant horizon. Clark county is known for pretty high taxes, though.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    My wife works in south Louisville. When we bought in Sellersburg back in early 2008, it was for the following reasons (in no particular order):

Good house value for the dollar
    Silver Creek school system
    Safe area, small town feeling
    Ease of access into Louisville via I-65

Once the East End bridge finally opens, it'll cut at LEAST 10 minutes off a trip to Lexington. Or Cabelas.

We're happy here, and while I have heard of small town politics and BS, being a transplant none of that bothers or impacts me.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Very good point about Charlestown, with the new bridge on the distant horizon. Clark county is known for pretty high taxes, though.

Have you ever watched the morning traffic reports, and seen the congestion on I-71 and I-64 heading into Louisville? Counting on the East end bridge to commute to anywhere in Kentucky during rush hour would place you in a 5mph parking lot, unless you were working at the Ford truck plant or Cabela's.

A lot of people are buying in western Clark Co., short of Deam's Lake. All that area is in The West Clark School district,same as Sellersburg.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Have you ever watched the morning traffic reports, and seen the congestion on I-71 and I-64 heading into Louisville? Counting on the East end bridge to commute to anywhere in Kentucky during rush hour would place you in a 5mph parking lot, unless you were working at the Ford truck plant or Cabela's.

A lot of people are buying in western Clark Co., short of Deam's Lake. All that area is in The West Clark School district,same as Sellersburg.
    Excellent point. I hadn't given that any thought, since I rarely cross the river and come back that way.

Top Bottom