• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Am I the only one who doesn’t choose what restaurant to eat at based on what brand of cola they serve?

I honestly have no clue which restaurant serves which brand, couldn't care less.

However, I used to work with some people that not only would pick the restaurant based upon the brand of cola, but would actually drive further than necessary because they believed one particular McDonalds had better soft drinks than the closest McDonalds even though they served the same brands. I thought that was the nuttiest thing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I honestly have no clue which restaurant serves which brand, couldn't care less.

However, I used to work with some people that not only would pick the restaurant based upon the brand of cola, but would actually drive further than necessary because they believed one particular McDonalds had better soft drinks than the closest McDonalds even though they served the same brands. I thought that was the nuttiest thing.
    Not nutty at all, post mix machines are finicky, and if the ratio isn’t right, the product tastes different. McDonalds’ are supposed to be brixxed exactly the same, but some aren’t. It’s also been said the the McDonalds brix makes the best tasting fountain Coke to be had. I prefer McDonalds Coke to any other restaurant I’ve been in drinking a soft drink.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ok so they've decided to dump Pepsi for "The Real Thing", when are they going to dump that "meat product" that they try to pass off and start using "The Real Thing" there also??? If it wasn't for the curly fries and a big old glop of horsey sauce to dip them in I'd have a hard time going back. Of course now that they've figured out their drink selections sucked that'll factor into the "what's for lunch" question!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Ok so they've decided to dump Pepsi for "The Real Thing", when are they going to dump that "meat product" that they try to pass off and start using "The Real Thing" there also??? If it wasn't for the curly fries and a big old glop of horsey sauce to dip them in I'd have a hard time going back. Of course now that they've figured out their drink selections sucked that'll factor into the "what's for lunch" question!

I found myself in a small town back in the mid-90's, where the only fast food choice was Arby's. That was just after most fast food places started taking debit cards, and I got Arby's since I didn't have cash. After I ate, I saw on the reciept that they charged me a fee for using my debit card. I've held that against Arby's ever since.

Now, on the rare occasions that I go to Arby's, I take a few more napkins than I really need.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Man was hoping a source had been found for Double Cola!

Why am I not surprised that Foszoe drinks some obscure beverage? :laugh: That's why I love you, man.

I don't eat much fast food, but this thread has value in identifying the cola heretics.

Time to go on record:
    Pepsi is a sticky mess and a one-dimensional beverage without a true cola flavor.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ah, but will Arby's have Mexican Coke? (no not the powdery kind, the kind in the traditional bottle). Down here-aways Coca Cola connoisseurs tend to prefer the imported variety.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ah, but will Arby's have Mexican Coke? (no not the powdery kind, the kind in the traditional bottle). Down here-aways Coca Cola connoisseurs tend to prefer the imported variety.

Up here, too.

But we usually have to go to taquerias to get it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I have to look for it, Kroger usually has it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Buy it by the case at Sam's Club, self limited to one case per month. In the interest of conserving my monthly ration as long as possible I've found it best to pour in a little Sailor Jerry's or Capt Morgan. It obviously thins the Coke down somewhat but I've learned to adapt!!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom