• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I'm trying to figure out how to make this political (since it's in the Gen Pol forum). :):

But to your question, when I was younger and doing winter camping, I always like a pair of jersey gloves as a liner for leather welding gloves. Hands always stayed warm and I could reach into the fire and rearrange flaming logs with my hands.
    With global warming at an all time high, no one needs gloves

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I'm trying to figure out how to make this political (since it's in the Gen Pol forum). :):

But to your question, when I was younger and doing winter camping, I always like a pair of jersey gloves as a liner for leather welding gloves. Hands always stayed warm and I could reach into the fire and rearrange flaming logs with my hands.

I have a pair of mustang welding gloves by the fireplace for the same reason
    giphy.gif

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It is painfully obvious that I don’t have the kind of gloves it takes to be outside in this kind of weather for more than about 5 minutes.

What’s INGO’s recommended glove for 0F temps? I’m thinking ones for light work (like shoveling snow, etc.)

I use these for below 0. They are very warm.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Will someone call this global warming entity and tell them to dial up the thermostat a bit over here? It’s cold.
    It's apparently a zero sum game. If 'warming' is taking place somewhere else (such as what we constantly hear about in the arctic/antarctic) then I guess that heat has to be taken from somewhere. Flyover country gets boned again

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's apparently a zero sum game. If 'warming' is taking place somewhere else (such as what we constantly hear about in the arctic/antarctic) then I guess that heat has to be taken from somewhere. Flyover country gets boned again
    Is there a way to take China’s heat? :):

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I have poor circulation in my left hand particularly the index, middle and 3rd fingers due to an accident that severed arteries in the fingers. This hand will get cold quickly and can be painful if not protected. Several years ago I bought a pair of HEAD brand mittens from Costco and they work very well in keeping my hand warm.

I also have a pair of straight leather mittens that have a knitted alpaca liner that my made and it works every bit as good as the $60 mittens I bought but they are not water resistant like the Costco mittens. I've treated the leather with Neats boot oil and mink oil but still get wet when playing or working in damp snow.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Best I've used were these. Kept my hands comfortable in a -20 F freezer. Not the best for dexterity but was able to work in them.

250__83838.1667838535.jpg

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    The perfect pair of gloves for working outside in believe it or not are plain ole felt yellow chore gloves. You must condition them first or they aren’t at the max heat retention. Get them good and wet, wring them out a couple three times lay on top of kerosene heater until they start throwing steam and flip. Repeat till dry. I could work in the cold down to around zero all day long with the chore gloves, insulated bibs, t-shirt, flannel shirt and insulated carhart zipper hoodie and lower than 15* I would add the blanket lined c.hart jacket, along with 3 buckle northern non insulated rubber boots and the sweat would be soaked through the leather boots. You can’t take on the supervisor role and stay warm with this rig but you definitely will as a worker bee. 1672516985359.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom