• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I would really rather not go on Friday night if I don't have to, but will all the best deals be gone by Saturday morning? Looking mainly for reloading supplies (primers, powder, bullets).

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I really dont think there is a "best day".

Some shows stuff gets sold out Friday, some shows, it leaves with vendors on Sunday. We learn what kind of show it was Sunday when we pack up.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I really dont think there is a "best day".

Some shows stuff gets sold out Friday, some shows, it leaves with vendors on Sunday. We learn what kind of show it was Sunday when we pack up.

THIS, however, IMHO, the "best" deals, can be made on Sun.

Some vendors, don't want to pack it up, and take it with them .....

Flip side, is as stated above, some stuff, is gone .....

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I did the Sunday thing on the last 1500 and most of the things I was looking for were slim pickings and the ones I found were way overpriced or looked "defective". I think if a vendor really wants to make a sale he'll do it regardless what day it is. I always see this one vendor that he and I haggled out a few times and he wouldn't budge on the price and now I just walk by, look at the same guns he keeps bringing with same or overpriced tags, smile and move on and buy from someone else.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    I'd avoid Saturday morning. There will probably be a line half way around the building when it opens and elbow to elbow inside. I'm going Sunday.

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    of the last few years i only attend the one show , the fall 1500 coming up this wk end . i make it MY day . the show is about 45 min. drive for me . stop & eat , get to show 90 min. early or so . get in line and talk to the other folks that are there , especially the old timers . have had good luck going early . made a couple of good gun purchases b 4 the show opened , the last about 3 years ago when i bought a pristine m686 s&w once fired with the box for $280 .. ! was buying ammo at the show a lot but have bought most of it on line so i will be free to stroll & look. of course if you take a female ,which i have done , the plans get altered a bit . looking forward to friday .....:):

Tankboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Granger
    Ah I forgot that it was this weekend. I live 3 hours away and granted I've been there twice, but they're weren't too many good deals. I feel like there will be a lot of raping due to the election.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Friday if you can swing it. less people, and if there are any deals left that the other dealers didn't cabbage onto then friday is your best chance to get them.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Lot of luck involved if you are trying to buy from folks just walking around. My advise, keep you eyes wide open and stop looking at the tables! You might find a gem at any time. I do like Friday though!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I like to show up one hour after it opens. The line has had a chance to die down and the crowd hasn't gotten crazy yet.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    If looking for the real great deals, I prefer Friday afternoon right after they open (to get the stuff that may get sold very quickly)...or Sunday about 3 hours before it closes up (to do some fun negotiating with dealers that don't want to take their stuff back home). I find when I go on Sat or Sun mornings, when one of my buddies always wants me to go with him, I usually get little to nothing.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a doctor appointment downtown late friday morning, so I plan to stop on my way back and get in line early. There's one thing I'm trying to find that seems to be a unicorn, and if it shows up it probably won't last long.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm on the fence of going. Probably will be there. I like Friday afternoon. Get there 30-60 minutes after they open. Line has died down but crowd is still not suffocating.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I would go Friday if possible, the lines are bearable and most of the "deals" are still on the table. Besides that, my pickled eggs, White Castle's with cheese and a good ole' 32 OZ. Foster's Lager will be moving into my large intestine on Sat. morning
    [video=youtube;vkxuoxUScAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxuoxUScAs[/video]

Top Bottom