Best deer hunting areas in Brown County, IN.?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Yeah, as one who hasn't hunted, I wonder sometimes when I hear talk of poor deer hunting if they mean lack of deer, lack of trophy deer or just bad deer to clean, eat, etc. I've been intimately familiar with BC since 1979. I do see less deer now than in years past. Unscientific, but noticeable enough that I can believe hunters when they say BC deer hunting isn't as good. I recently got turned-around (aka lost) on the Bottom Road area, Monroe/Morgan county area at about midnight. Flat farmland mostly. I couldn't believe the number of deer spotted. They seemed to be everywhere. Big, small, antlers, no antlers. The number of deer seemed profound.
    Born and raised in Brown County. Been seeing the trend for years.

Getting lost in that are wouldn’t be hard. I hunt that general area. It all looks the same, fields and a creek. No lack of critters of all kind there. I am fortunate to have married into one of the old farm families in the Maple Grove area.

Added: I walked the same 1/2 acre corner 3 times. Surrounded by creek on 3 sides, so many trees down I kept missing the opening back to the field.

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    numbers are down on my 40+ acres in B.C. trail cams showing same 4 does, couple yearlings, with 4 bucks coming and going

Top Bottom