• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    Post I have been dreading since October. My boy dog was diagnosed with canine lymphnoma then and has fought a brave and noble fight. His condition has declined a lot the last 2 weeks to where he can barely walk and has weakened considerably. I just gave him his last meal and will be taking him on his last ride to the vet's this PM. His sister Abby Schuto and I will miss him very, very much. R.I.P. Leroy Jethroe (Gunny) Gibbs, 01/09/10 - 02/07/13

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry to hear about this. It is a tough thing to do. I had to do the same thing for my Collie a few years back, a week before Christmas. Saddest Christmas I've ever had. Hang in there and time will help. I have a lot of good memories of my collie, Ivy. And I'm sure you will have a lot of good memories too.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :(

I had to put my Doberman down for mouth cancer a couple months ago. We fought it with 4 surgeries as well as some alternative meds. She was able to live another whole year. I won't suger coat this. It still hurts not having her around. I share your pain.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Man, so sorry to hear this. Had to put my best friend of 11+ years to sleep about a year ago.

Just my 2 cents... but for me the cure for a broken heart is a new puppy.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Prayers sent. Very sorry to hear this. I have had to put down our last two dogs(both had cancer) and it is very tough to do but you are doing the right thing by helping your buddy end his suffering.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Man, so sorry to hear this. Had to put my best friend of 11+ years to sleep about a year ago.

Just my 2 cents... but for me the cure for a broken heart is a new puppy.

I'm not sure if it is a cure, but, we waited a couple of years, my wife wasn't ready for it. Then one afternoon SHE brought a border collie puppy home that was getting ready to be sent to the Humane Society. ( Owner was a college student, couldn't take care of her and parents wanted her gone.) I fell for her the instant I saw her and now she's the second best canine friend I've ever had!

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    Terribly sorry for your loss.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like to think there is a doggy heaven.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    One of the hardest things i had to do was put my malamute down. You got to do whats best for them, no matter how hard it is. Im really sorry and feel your pain.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    As much as my wife's ankle biter dog annoys me, couldn't imagine what life would be like not tripping over him every morning.

Thinking of ya man. Just be thankful for the time you had with the pup!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It's never an easy thing to do, but you did the right thing and that's what's important. It's a shame you only had three years with him, but as long as they were good that's all that matters. RIP little guy.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They truly are a part of the family. I can't even bare to think about losing my buddies :(

We'll see them again.

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    Thanks to you all for the kind thoughts. I am just trying to imagine Gunny running free without any pain, doing his own doggie thing and not having any earthly worries. Thanks again to all my INGO sisters and brothers, doubleshock

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Thanks to you all for the kind thoughts. I am just trying to imagine Gunny running free without any pain, doing his own doggie thing and not having any earthly worries. Thanks again to all my INGO sisters and brothers, doubleshock

I'll be honest, this always puts me in tears, but I also fully believe it to be true, and that really helps me...

23.jpg

Top Bottom